a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, September 16, 2010

it rains in Vancouver and the wind blows in Calgary

Rick says he felt a cold wind today in Calgary and it is as cold today as it is in Abbotsford in December. Hmm I wonder how Katie is in Fort McMurray.It's good to be here LOL
Ray went for a MIBI at the hospital today . We got there so early in the morning, before seven. I missed out on 2 hours of my regular sleep which means my eyes don't even focus and I reel from one wall to the next. I waited in the cafeteria and had a coffee and muffin at Tim Horton's but that did not even help. I did manage to plow my way through my newspaper and then I went back to where Ray ws being photographed , sat there and watched the pictures roll out but they didn't tell me anything LOL.
When we got home there was an undeclared message , meaning no one answered the machine, actually 2 of them but one said blocked message so I just deleted that one. The other was from Ray's eldest sister who is over 80. So we called her back and she had phoned to say that she and Ray's sister in Winnipeg had been diagnosed with bone cancer. They were very upset of course. We called Marion and she was very upbeat about it but she is always a happy cheerful person. She said that it was curable, I told you she was an optimist.
Later in the day that Blocked Call showed up again , i decided to answer it this time and it was our niece and she told me what was going on with her mom. She said to call her sister in Winnipeg and I did that. It sure does not sound very positive to me, not did it to Heather. Marion will be having an MRI in early October and then treatment can begin. Ray is very tired and I had a nap too so that was most of our day. Oh we had to go and pick up the cheesecake I ordered for the potluck tomorrow evening.
No sewing, almost finished my book on the San Francisco Nob Hill murders. That's it folks!
Have a good one!

No comments: