a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Good cookies

My friend Betty makes such good cookies and she serves tea with them. After all day working our fingers to  the bone sewing beautiful stitches Betty serves up such treats ;))
We   had a new member join our morning group today and she and I had been on the same SBS list on the internet at one time. Sometimes life throws up  interesting coincidences. I look forward to talking to her again.
My day has been so good that I am still smiling. Sewing pretty fabrics is sure to bring a smile to your face. I finished that pretty coral/peach block today except for the antennae. Then I began another but didn't like the fabric I chose- way to insipid, so I need to check my stash for a replacement. I hope there is something there LOL!!!
Community quilts was fun too, I had a good talk with Mary about the Catholic church.  She has a priest she really admires, it was interesting to listen to her talk about him and the church.
Ione was back , nice to see her again. She is such a fun person.There were not too many there today, maybe back to school had something to do with that although we are all beyond school age kids. I always suffer a bit of nostalgia on the first day of school. But it doesn't last too long :>))
When I got home Ray said  Adam  had called, he called back later and said he and Lisa would be here for a while tomorrow night. Rick called later to say that Lisa's mom had been taken  to the hospital and put on life support. What a dreadful time for the two of them. I pray for them to be strong and they are.
Later on Lynn , my stepdaughter , called and we had a long chat, part of which was how much Isabel loved the pink heart quilt. Lynn said her nephew saw it and wanted to borrow me for his grandmother LOL Apparently he and his wife are expecting a baby too. Babies all round for this family.  LOL.
Lynn then talked to her dad and said she had hit the stepmother jackpot when he married me. How sweet. She makes me feel so good, what a blessing she is.
Enough family stuff!!!
Have a great evening!
Bon soir!

No comments: