a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

dozy at 6 :00

3 hours later than usual :>)). I did complete sewing on the sleeve of my Hallowe'en quilt. I sure love this piece, it was a pattern from a Fons and Porter magazine. How often do we actually do the designs in the magazines we buy. I have bought so many magazines and seldom do the patterns but interestingly enough the ones I have done number among my most favourite quilts. So maybe I should do more of them. :>)
It took me all of my sewing time today to get the sleeve done. Funny the top of the sleeve  took up most of the time , I guess because the needle had to go into the binding and also because it was black on black-very hard to see. the bottom seam was black on white much easier to see .Lynn asked me why I didn't sew the sleeve while I was sewing on the binding. Have no idea why not . Perhaps because I don't make the sleeve until after everything else is done. Must try it the next time.
I have decided to make another row of three more Sunbonnets, even though I have to duplicate two of them.  This on the advice of much better quilters than I.
Lots of fun today, Betty Lu finished her socks  this morning after grafting off the last 12 stitches to make a lovely toe. She was happy , she plans to wear them when she goes to Maine on Monday. She asked if I felt happy   she was finally finished , but I said good teachers are happy when a student finishes what she started so that was what made both of us happy.
At Community Quilts there were some lovely finished pieces , my favourite one was a big blue and yellow quilt that I think will be going to Honour House where veteran's families who have been injured in Afghanistan can stay while their soldiers are in the hospital or getting rehab. Our group are making quilts and pillowcases for this project.
I bought a tin of Purdy's chocolates because I loved the tin. I shared them with my morning sewing group , they got the chocolates and I got the tin LOL
Jim will be in tonight at midnight, he is driving down from Edmonton and got a late start which is why he is getting here so late.
And Adam will be here tomorrow night at 8:30. They are going back to their dad's , which is a house owned by Adam and Sam, mostly Adam, to arrange for a garage sale of s lot of his stuff and to prepare for a memorial service.
Another wonderful day, I wish you all a happy life too. There is nothing in this world as wonderful as friends and family.
Have a great evening!
Kalispera!!

No comments: