a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, September 9, 2010

class tonight

Kathy and I went to Tom's for S&Q club tonight   . We have so much fun there, Tom is a comic and keeps everyone happy and laughing.  Kathy is such a good sewist and gets her stuff done very quickly while I on the other hand take forever and need to unsew far too often. We were making Humbug bags from a material that was plasticized so we could not pin and I am a pinner, so of course the plastic cloth slipped around and had to be done again. But with Tom and Kathy's help I finished the big bag and was on my way ot finishing the little bag. Then for heaven's sake I put the zipper in backwards. Oh the crying and gnashing of teeth  LOL.  Everyone was packing up and going home so I  packed my things away , I'll get at that little one tomorrow. It was fun though and I learned the way to do a humbug bag. I had seen them before and thought they were kind of cute. Hmm I just noticed my thumb joint is hurting, that means I worked too hard :>))
Earlier in the day Adam took Lisa to the airport as she needs to get home to her parents , then he came back here for coffee and talk before he went back to his dad's where he is cleaning out the Augean stables , ugh!! But he is a hero!
Sam called to talk about his grandpa, they are all calling here to talk to me about him. Strange isn't it Or maybe it's not.
After Adam left  Ray and I went out for a muffin and a walk.  When we returned home I cut some 1 1/2 strips for my three  strip sashing and actually sewed six strips. Red, white, red and then white, red white for the nine patch.
 Ray had to go and see a heart doctor , we thought for a stress test, but he wants to do a MIBI, so he has an appointment on the 16th at the hospital. Always something , but he doesn't think there is anything wrong.
We just went from one thing to another today but I love being busy, I call it good exercise LOL.
It makes you tired too so  that you sleep well. Lots of pluses. So go for it, keep busy !!
Have a good night and sleep well.
Bon nuit.

No comments: