a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, September 11, 2010

shop 'til you drop

Do you go grocery shopping for 3 1/2 hours?  NO!! We do LOL. Our usual shopping went well , we stopped at Tim Horton's for cpffee , bagel and cream cheese. Then to our usual bakery for bread. We have had trouble with Safeway bread as there have been large holes in the bread. We went to the bakery for bread and that bread when we opened it for supper had big holes in it all the way through the loaf, useless. I will return it tomorrow. I remember when I used to bake cakes that I slapped the pans on the counter to get rid of the air holes. Don't bakeries know about that these days. I am very irritated with the incompetence of so called professionals. It is costly and time consuming to have to take things back
My friend Buzz told me that there was an Italian butcher where we could get real hot Italian sausage. Go down Boundary Road just a little past First Avenue she said. We saw nothing there but Ray thought he used to deliver to a meat shop on another road. So down that one we drove and there it was. Bosa Foods. Loads of Italian stuff and full of people. We wandered around for a while looking at all the good food, bought a kilo of lovely ground beef and a kilo of hot Italian sausage. There that is the 3 1/3 hours gone. We did buy other things as well but I won't bother you with my full grocery list LOL.
I thought I would finish that heavy black apron from the class last June.  Kathy lent me a little plastic gadget that is supposed to lift the corners so that they would be easier to sew. Well I could not get it to work and Kathy the needle went into the gadget. I got it out but I am sorry. It is just a small hole but I am looking for one on the internet. I'll check the Janome site for one and maybe they will have a video of how to use it. :<(
After a few broken needles and a few warnings from my machine to stop sewing and fix things, I finally got it done including the straps....Whew!! Now just the embroidery to do.
That was it for today, no nap, no embroidering and no sashing but the apron is done. No more UFOs.  :>))
Tonight I'll knit, my knit time has been limited lately but on the second sock I am down to the eye of partridge which is the back of the heel. I am just trying to educate you LOL.
Time's up, take the rest of the night off :>)
Have a good one.

1 comment:

deaquilter said...

Hi Nan, You would not dare tap the pan with the bread. Don't forget bread has yeast in it and you let the dough rise before you bake it. Tap the pan and the air would be released . No holes forsure but you will have a flapjack then..LOL Jean