a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, September 25, 2010

company came but

didn't went yet. We are watching the football game BC Lions against Calgary Stampeders. So far we are ahead but don't want to count on that after the last game when we were ahead all the game and lost in the last few minutes. How can that happen?  :>)
We took Rick and Carla out to The Keg for dinner to celebrate Rick's birthday which was in July LOL. He has been away working in Calgary and then spending any free time over at his father's while Mac was ill. So it was a treat to see both him and Carla. Rick gets so excited over the football game,it is fun to see him  enjoying himself so much!
Ray and I started our day by going to the grocery store and when we got back home we did some of the housework and laundry.
But then I worked on cutting more strips and making more sashing, -whoops an injured official on the sidelines, looks like a broken leg. How awful!!!
But I did get all the sashing cut and sewn I think. However I still need to make three more blocks for the last row.  And then I made the sleeve for my Hallowe'en wallhanging. Since I won't be able to go to my Tuesday sewing group, Jim will be here, I will sew it on at home. I had planned to do it on Tuesday at the church but that won't happen this week. Adam and Lisa are coming on Wednesday evening and I have a class that night too , so may have to miss that too. I love my groups but love my sons more ;))
I am a doting momma!!
Do you finish the things you start or are they sitting in a drawer somewhere. I have to say I keep at it until I get things finished  because I can't allow myself to not complete what I start. That makes it seem like I take forever to get anything done and that's right. I don't have new projects to talk about until the current one is done. So putting up with my sashing comments is a very kind thing to do ....
My  skins pieces are cut though and ready to sew,  I can hardly wait to get it started.
A touchdown for us hurrah ,score 28 to 3.
Good evening all.

No comments: