a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, September 27, 2010

embroidered towel TIPS

Do you have embroidered towels that wrinkled up when  you washed them?  Do  you not know how to make them look good again. This is what I do with my embroidered hand towels...  I gently  pull them using both hands,  one on each side of the embroidery , so that means from the right side to the left side to give the embroidery stretch. Then I do the same from top to bottom, one hand at the top and the other at the bottom and pull to give it stretch top to bottom. My hand towels such as the Hallowe'en scarecrows which have been on this blog a couple of times still look great!  Try it , you'll be happy with the results.
I got all the rows of my redwork Sunbonnet sashed, spent a good part of the afternoon making some more sashing and pinning it on. Tips on pinning, make sure that when you put a pin in  one seam  it meets the seam on the other side. I spend more time tryng to make this work LOL but it makes the seams come together.   You need to put the pin in straight too. If it is crooked then it might not sew straight and the seams will not line up. From my lips to your ears , well eyes :>) Do not take my word as Gospel just try it, if it works great , if not it must be your fault haha... still have to decide what to do about the 10th block.
Jim called and said his rrommate was in the hospital with congestive heart failure so he would not be here today as planned. But tonight Tom, not my dealer, is stable and Jim will come tomorrow.
Did I tell you that my friend Helen gave me her serger and I was too afraid to use it. Another friend said she was taking her serger to the repair shop to get it threaded, Well what a good idea that is.  I may just do that but then Tom, my dealer, has a class for sergers so I should take that one. I have never used a serger at all but think it would be good when you make pillowcases. Have I ever made them, well a few times for the kids , but am thinkong of making some for Community Quilts if I can get it right.  Help Ione :>)!!
Watching Hawaii 5 0 for the first time in decades, haha not the same show just the same title and location. It is starting out well. Exciting! an car ramming, a gun fight , an abduction and a theft. All in the first 5 seconds.  Hard act to follow. :>)
Take 55!! I won't be back tonight.
Have a good watching evening folks.
Bon Soir.

No comments: