a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, September 6, 2010

Big news

On September 9th Embroidery Library is putting my Hallowe'en , towels on the Showcase. I am happy about that. I'll put them on my blog tonight. They are cute and up in my bathroon already even though is isn't even close to Hallowe'en. And tomorrow I plan to wear my pumpkin carriage tee shirt :>)
Today I went to lunch with my friend Irene, we have been friends for nearly 50 years ,I value my long time friendships so much. Soon my friend from Sequim will be visiting here and we'll get together for a day. We have been friends for 65 years, life is so wonderful isn't it.
Sew I did sew today, finally finished the tiny quilt for the hospital. It was deciding what to do with the borders that slowed me down. Making quilting decisions takes me a while. But in the end I just did free motion . I am getting better, if I practice more I might even be good then I can learn to quilt leaves LOL.
I cut a few more squares and ironed some fabric, pinned up the 1/4 inch seam on an old project, a barbecue apron. It was a class that I never completed, the fabric is a very heavy twill, I think,is  so not that easy to deal with. I had some 1/4 inch tape that seemd to be sticky on both sides , so I applied it to the edges and turned the edges over twice, then pinned it down. I hope I can get this one off my machine soon. :>)
Ray made a wonderful salad for dinner, it was a work of art so I took a picture. He is very clever with presentation. And the food tastes wonderful too. :>)
I hope you all had a great day too.
Good evening ,sleep well.

No comments: