a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, September 5, 2010

I am a work horse :>)

I am so tired tonight from cutting,cutting,cutting 5 inch squares for my  animal skins  quilt. It was fiddly work because  I had to carefully cut the heads of the animals from the surrounding fabric so the measuring was very finicky .  There was another set of fabric  that I thought would work so I cut some 5 inch squares  from that piece but the biggest job was cutting all the Sunbonnet Sue blocks into 9 inch squares. That took  so much careful squaring up so that the embroidery was equal on all four sides. One block was embroidered on the wrong side of the fabric. GRRRR!!!!
 However there are options. As I mentioned in an earlier blog there are 10 blocks which presents a conundrum. So I can eoither redo the block making sure I have the right side or I can make a Giant 9 patch, three ,three and three with triple sashing between the blocks . That sashing  was my intention anyway .

So sewing over for tonight. In the morning we did the usual cleaning, laundry and then went to Safeway for prescriptions. Have you ever noticed that when you go to Safeway for nothing it costs you $50. Amazing that :;)
In the morning paper today there was an article on Methosilioma , which Mac died from, a cancer caused by asbestos. The paper said there is a tsunami of older people who worked in asbestos conditions that are passing away. Nothing can be done for them sad to say . They worked in mines , ships, garages and other manly jobs as it were in the days of the 40s, 50s, and 60s. And there is no helo for them after they turn 65 from Work Safe B.C. . The irony of that one is most do not present symptoms until after they are over 65. Good government isn't it. Not there for the people I'd say.
So good night and sleep well.

No comments: