a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, September 30, 2010

a bit late

Company's gone but Jim is still here. Marianne and Gus got here around 4:00 and we had a great talk  and got caught up on lots of family news. Then they took us out for Chinese at Mr. Ho's tonight so we have definitely had our share of Chinese food for some time. I hope to  stay away from restaurants for a while. I have gained 2 pounds on this diet LOL  
Someone  jimmied the lock on the driver's side of my yellow Mustang several years ago so I have had to open my car from the passenger for all that time. Fortunately it has a lock /unlock button on that side so I could get my side unlocked. Jim said he could fix that so yesterday he go the new locks and today he changed them so now I can get into my car on the left side which is the right side ;)) I am happy with my locks and my son. Jim is one of those people who can fix anything so it is great to have him here. He is leaving tomorrow though and won't be back on this trip, I'll miss him.
 Marianne loved my little redwork quilt and the embroidered towels. I think I'll make her a set of towels for when they come back from Thunder Bay. It will make her really happy.
I put the ironing board away for the day but tomorrow out it comes.
Whoops The Mentalist is on so I'll get back to you!!
Hurrah!! Socks are done.  Now to begin a new pair. Haha!!
These commercials give me time to write but the interruption makes it hard to keep on track.
Tomorrow I want to embroidery three more blocks of the redwork and that is what my solution is to the 10 blocks, to repeat two of them. Of course I won't get three done in one day but maybe by Sunday I can have them all done and put together.
Saturday we are having some more company, Carla, and granddaughters Katie and Meg are coming for dinner. They are passing through on the way to Sechelt for Mac's send off ceremony. Lots of visitors and lots of SOS calls. It has been an interesting timec
Have a good night, I am going to read my book, The 19th Wife,a  most interesting  union of  history  and fiction.
Bonne Nuit.

No comments: