a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Early bird gets the worm

Whether he/she wants it or not ;) So here I am doing this blog early, earlier that usual. Why?- because I want to do some more sewing before I get too tired to get up off my chair.
 Imeant to add these two photos last night but the battery was dead. Iones gorgous floral quilt of 9 patches and squares and Nancy's wonderful quilt of mom's doing housewor in the 40's or 50's. Can't quite remember which but I do remember my mom doing housework this way. Anyone recall the vinegar bottle with a sprinkler head to dampen the clothing, no steam irons in those days. i used that vinegar bottle myself when I was newly married. This quilt is a walk down memory lane...
Ray and I went for a walk at the mall and looked around at Sears for a pair of jeans for me. But they were doing a lot of repairs in the store so we went to the Bay and I found what I wanted there , a nice pair of elastic waste jeans. If they fit okay I think I'll get another pair.
We had some tandoori chicken , rice and curry. I had that last week and the chicken was fabulous so I expected it to be the same today. Not!! It was all dried out and difficult to eat. Should have taken it back but shoulda, woulda, coulda, yada, yada ;)
I sewed this afternoon, put the triple sash and nine patches together. I am not a great fan of 9 patches despite new quilters are told it is the easiest block to make. In my opinion there are way to many joins for a new quilter. It was the block I started out doing when I began to quilt and I nearly quit insteand of quilt. However even now I find it difficult to get all those pieces in the right place. But I did get one row of three triple bars and 4- 9 patches together and then sewn to the top row that I put on the blog the other day. Also I cut the extra threads off my little blocks from last night and removed the stabilizer. The last thing was to cut out a strip to make a sleeve for my Hallowe'en wallhanging. So lots of work done but still a bit more to do  to make another row of sashing and 9 patches.
We got a call from Quebec just before dinner from Lynn asking about her aunt, no new news yet, Ray will be calling her tomorrow. He calls every couple of days. I might call her shortly myself before it gets too late in Manitoba. Just did, her voice is very rough but she was happpy I called her. She is too good a person to have this...
I made my world famous :>) macaroni and cheese  for dinner tonight. Early in the afternoon when we got home I made the macaroni and the cheees sauce, put them together and stuck it in the fridge until time to cook dinner. Wow it was so delicious, not very good for one's heart and weight  but very good to eat. I make my sauce from scratch ,the only help I had this time was the shredded cheese that I bought ready made at Safeway. Saved me a big step as shredding a big block of cheese and a few extra knuckles is a hard job. LOL  I bought the old cheese which is what I always use and I would use that cheese  that again.
That's it ladies and gents if there are any gents reading this blog LOL
Have a great evening....
Buona Sera.

No comments: