a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

If it's Tuesday

A long time ago I saw a movie If It's Tuesday It Must Be Belgium. It was during the time when most of America's youth were touring Europe. I was too , even though I was not a youth at the time.:>)  It was a memorable trip and one I have thought of many times. So oftimes Tuesday recalls that time to me. Silly isn't it.
This Tuesday at quilting I taught Betty Lu how to knit the back of the heel on her sock, the Eye of Partridge. Of course we had to  un knit some and redo it once but that was not bad , it could have been more than once. LOL.
I basted my butterfly pieces and then the long process of getting it on the background in the right places. There has to be a better way . Maybe I need to draw the  design on the fabric but hate to put pencil to the fabric. However I  will give it a try. That might help make it easier to  get started. So I did get the pieces on and managed to get one wing appliqued. One thing I am in no hurry , just need to have something to do on Tuesdays and eventually I get a quilt done. Takes time though, some times a long time. But this quilt is not for anyone in particular , UNLESS my granddaughter has a girl. She and her husband do not want to know what sex the baby is until it is born , they want to be surprised. She had her Ultrasound this week and said it was hard not to ask what the baby is but restrained themselves. Now that takes will power. Our other granddaughter in Quebec knows her baby is another girl. They are both due in January 2011.  Of course it couldn't be 2012 could it.
Not much going on today at Community Quilts except some outdoor spraying to baste some quilts. Very little quilting and binding. Lots of people were not there. 
We left early to go to Betty's for tea.
I was up quite early so when I got home I  had a two hour nap if you can believe that. It was good!!
Ray made hot dogs for dinner, now we are just watching TV. An older Criminal Minds, I really like this show but there are no new ones on at all lately. I am getting very bored with TV. But as we live in a apartment there is really no where else to go. I do not sew in the evening, make way too many mistakes and have to take it all out, so that is useless. Sew I'll knit now.
Have a lovely evening. Bon Soir.

No comments: