a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, September 23, 2010

sew and sew

I did not sew last night as I promised but today I managed to get another line of sashing and 9 patches. I pin a lot and that takes some time to get those corners to go together, but it is worth it as they do meet in the end, or in the corner if you will. ;) I have to add these smiley faces so you'll know it is a joke haha. I joke around a lot you'll notice. It became necessary to make another piece of sashing to get started on the next row,but then dinner intervened and I am not back at it. I don't seem to do well in the evening as far as sewing is concerned.  This afternoon  I  was going along fine and Ray gave me half of a big apple, that took my energy and I fell into the famous afternoon slump, nodded off and fell alseep . He has got to stop feeding me. I think that slump is sugar related but maybe not as I ate the apple. I like an apple in the afternoon and always had one when I was working. Still do quite often. 
I got my socks turned and all the reducings finished so it is in the home stretch. Lynn will be happy when they are done as Fall is here and she gets cold feet. We all get cold feet in the winter don't we? I have to make a pair for Katie and then a pair for me. So far this is my knitting agenda for Fall.
Whoops The Mentalist is on and I have to watch it. I'll write during the commercials.
I took my books back to the library this afternoon and took out three more , all new authors so I don't know whether I will like them. I have been trying out new authors lately to see if I can add to my favourites. It has not been too successful other than Shirley Tallman and she had written only four books. I booked the other two that I have not read so they should come up soon as there was no line up for them.
I just finished Fire and Ice by J.A. Jance, I like her books. For years I read her books and always thought she was a man because of the way she expressed herself through her male detective, so I was really surprised when he turned out to be she LOL. No pictures of the author for a long time.
That reminds me of a book that my sister and I wanted to find. We went around to every book store for nearly a year, did not know who wrote it nor the title so we weren't very successful given that all we could tell them was about the two main characters and some of the plot. One day I was looking through my own library of books , lo and behold there it was. We laughed so much about that year of looking. It was James Patterson and I think the book was Kiss the Girls or Along Came a Spider.
Done folks....
Have a good one. It's dark out there already.
 Bonne nuit.

No comments: