a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Another ailment

Hmm I am in trouble again. My mouth has a fungus caused by the antibiotics. It is not nice. This morning we went down to the pharmacy and the pharmacist told me it was a fungus and I would need to go to the doctor for a prescription. I know I have mentioned this before but it seems that I have these emergencies  on the weekend when the doctor is unavailable. Thank goodness though we have a walk in clinic. We went to the clinic and the receptionist said that it would be 2 hours  before we could see the doctor and if we wanted to go away and come back in two hours it would be okay. We chose to do that and went to the grocery store to do our regular Saturday shopping.  We had enough time to bring it home and get things put away.
Back to the clinic where we waited another twenty minutes or even more waiting for the doctor.  It was one of the doctors we had seen before when Ray was sick with Poly Mialgia Rheumatica. He said I know you to Ray. Not bad since he sees so many different patients at the clinic. He said it was a fungus and prescribed the appropriate medicine. Back to the pharmacy where they filled the prescription.
The blog is late tonight because my computer was not working very well. It was all black and I had trouble getting it back to working order.  Don't ask what I did to fix it because I have no idea LOL.
I had read in the paper that the market at the Westminster Quay was reopening. It had been a successful market quite a few years ago and Ray and I went there every Saturday for our veggies. Then for some reason it stopped being a viable market and eventually closed down.
It was a lovely day today so we decided to check out the market.  It was not fully occupied but there was a huge grocery store that had many different items in it, items we had not seen in the regular store. We walked around the store for a bit and then went outside. There was a great dog sitting out there and we talked to him for a bit.
What a nice boy this is.

Same boy , I forget his name though.

Then we walked down the Quay and admired the river.
And the flower baskets.


I did fine that the tutorial for the tube blocks was wrong . The wide strip was not 4 1/4" as described in the tutorial but should have been advertised as 4 1/2" and the two strips at 2 1/2" should have been noted as 4 1/2" when sewn together.  So if you are interested in that block those are the measurements.
Tomorrow I plan to do that block and I will add some pictures of fences.
Time to sign off folks.
Have a great evening, what is left of it.
Dobre Vecer

No comments: