a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, July 10, 2011

sew tubes

I sewed and cut and pressed but my output was very limited. I got very tired so now I am sitting.
I cut the wide strips and sewed the tube, then cut the pieces  at 45" angles. I was under the impression that the tube would give me eight pieces. NOT. It gave me seven pieces . I am thinking that WOF is not as long as it used to be. One fabric I had bought in 2005 when I was in Kansas and Iowa.   I bought it in Kansas, it was longer than the other two, but now that I think about it the other two were also bought at the same time haha.
I chose to use the three fabrics on the left.


I did something else today too, sat at my PC and looked through my photos, I only got to 2007  but it was so much fun. Little Adam was so small and cute in the photos I saw and many of them brought back memories of trips I had made. New Orleans, Grand Canyon, friends in many places and lots of family members. If you hold your photos on your computer you should take the time to go through them for a very special trip.
I am feeling rough right now almost as if I have the flu or maybe it is from the fungus in my mouth, it is very sore. I could not eat breakfast this morning, too bad as Ray made scrambled eggs, toast tomatoes and cucumbers.  I ate a small part of it but could not handle all that he gave me.
We did not go out today, do you believe that LOL.
Back to the machine and I sewed the tube and cut the 45" angles.
Sewing the tube, down one direction , turn it over and sew down the other direction to give the tube balance.
Looking into the tube.
This is how the block will look when it is sewn, below is the block for which I only got three pieces from the tube. Note how the centre is not the same as the one above.
This is the centre.
Anyway off for now.
Have beautiful evening, it is so lovely tonight. Go for a walk. :))
Bon Soir.



2 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Nan, Sorry to hear about the mouth fungus which is called Thrush (candida). Limit the amount of sugar and yeast-containing foods you eat. Foods such as bread, beer, and wine encourage candida growth.
I would also watch the foods with a lot of acid. Once a nurse always a nurse.. LOL

Diana Davis said...

I can't figure out how you are doing this tube thing. Guess I will have to ask for directions!