a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, July 8, 2011

tube blocks

tutorials.missouriquiltco.com  
 Type this one into your browser and watch some magic happen. I am amazed!!
But I must warn you that the measurements given are WRONG so don't try it with these measurements I have an ALERT out to a friend who is doing this to see which measurements she is using.
My sewing machine did have a bit of a work out today. I fixed a Tee , it was hemmed with that filament thread, at least that is what I call it, The thread comes off and just lets loose all along the seam.  It has been sitting there for a while and I was just not into sewing. But that tutorial inspired me even if it was wrong LOL. After all the time , 7  months, it just upped and worked. Ray took my car out to gas it up and it worked too after 7 months of idleness.

Jean says I need to add Ray's boats to my blog,so that will be my pictures today. I did have them on the blog once but it was a long time ago so today I'll take two pictures of the two ships he has done.
This is the first one Ray did, it is called Uncle Sam. He had it for several years before he tackled it and it too nearly a year to complete.
This is The Mayflower and did take Ray a year to do. I love the work he does, it is finicky and often the pieces aren't there so he has to make his own.

Kathy and I went to the movies today. I chose the movie Bad Teacher and I would not recommend it to adults , it is a very juvenile movie with lots of swearing,  sexual innuendos. and simulated sexual acts. The plot is very thin , the most redeeming factor is the elegance and beauty of Cameron Diaz even though what comes out of her mouth is neither. If none of this offends you then go for it. Its appeal is to  juveniles who love this sort of thing. There were some elements of comedy. Cameron Diaz can be amusing. Anyway I am glad I only paid a senior's rate. 

Aren't these dish cloths pretty? I have been knitting up lots of these so that my pile gets higher, I sent 6 of them to David in Phoenix, These almost replaces them
Ray cooked a half a salmon for dinner tonight along with a baked potato and cucumbers, tomatoes and black olives in oil and vinegar. It was so delicious. We discovered that if the lemon is warm the juice just runs out when you squeeze it.
That's it folks!
Have a great evening.
Good night!





"Life's tough..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Nan for the pictures of the ships. They both are very nice but like you, I love the Mayflower. I bet he felt good to know that someone wanted to see his ships since it takes so long to build. Very tedious , you have to have patience for sure.

Jean said...

I'm surprise it only took a year to build the ships or that he even found the time to work on his hobby since you run him all over Canada / VanCouver every day. LOL Jean