a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, July 15, 2011

dessert

Jean asked what dessert that you didn't eat. I didn't eat it tonight either Jean but it was peach pie and Ray says it was good. He made ribs and sauerkraut and we have had it for three days. I love it but it is very filling. My dessert was peach yogurt ,  I had forgotten it this morning And it is a prescribed medicine. That does not interfere with the taste however. Haha. Very tasty!!
By the way sometimes I have to respond to comments here as I seem to be unable to get to the comment page . Oh these computers.
This morning Ray asked what we had on for today. Nothing I said, but as it turned out our errands took half the day. LOL.
First we were to go to the pharmacy but Ray took a wrong turn and we went up to the mall LOL the car has its own mind and sometimes it acts like a horse and goes a remembered route .:)))))
I thought there would not be much to photograph today as it was raining, so I snapped a streetscape.  I liked the way the trees made a vee down at the end of the street. Next is the lavendar, my favourite street scene, I look forward to it every year. Across the street is another corner of lavendar.
Because the car acted on its own we ended up at the mall which was okay as I had something to mail. It was for a lady who is very ill with cancer and her friend on some of my lists asked if anyone with an embroidery machine could send her a FSL angel . As that is an easy request for me to do I set up an envelope with the angel and the heart bookmark in it. It needed to be mailed right away and there is a post office in the mall.  The envelope took a regular stamp and would take a week to go straight down from here to California. Of course I asked what the cost of airmail and believe me they all go by air mail anyway. The clerk said $22!!!!!  I nearly swallowed my teeth. Needless to say It went by regular mail LOL>
As we were near the pet shop and the window was full of kittens , both windows, kitten season it seems.
A gaggle of kittens, the window takes away from the photo but there were so many kitties that I had to take it.
More kittens....
This looks like a food picture when it is small LOL.
After the mall we did go to the pharmacy because I thought they had not given me a prescription and  the government would not fill it because they would not fill the prescription. However I was told I had picked it up the 28th of June.  When we got home and looked in the pill drawer there it was but in an opaque bottle instead of the usual precription bottle so I did not recognize it.
Ray had to go to the clinic  for a test and I waited in the car.Then we had to go to the bakery ,Jean !! Yes the bakery.
We ran into my sister Margaret  at the bakery. We sat and chatted for a few minutes, then we went home. I was really tired  so I took a long nap.
We ran into a neat dog at Safeway and again another one at the bakery.
This boy was tied up to the post and on a very short leash too. He was not very happy, but the boy below is a happy camper.
He gets to ride LOL.
No sewing, I wasted my sewing time by having that long nap. Tomorrow we will be out most of the day ,so I guess it will be Sunday before I sew. It would be nice if I could get some in every day but it is not always possible.
Some nice quilts here, I particularly liked the chubby Dresden Plate and would love to find that dotted black fabric.
Happy quilting folks.
Time for me to leave off!!
Have a good evening- Bon Soir.






3 comments:

Diana Davis said...

Well even while you are recovering you are still a busy lady!! I hope the fsl angel gets there in time. It was very sweet of you to do that! ♥

Diana Davis said...

well darn I left a comment but for some reason it didn't take, and now I can't remember what all I said. But I was here! ♥

Mary said...

That Hexagon Park quilt is lovely!

I'm glad to be reading again daily. It was a very lonely first half of the year, but you seem to be making up for it with all your adventures!