a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

new boys on the blocks

Or somtheing to that effect .... Yes I did make 2 blocks from the tube but something happened with the cutting and I got different sizes from yesterday. I made them any way, they look pretty. I'll sew the larger ones too and then make another tube to see what size I get this time LOL. It is an adventure and I am not in any great hurry to make anything. I just wanted to get sewing again after my long drought. So here is one block , the other is exactly the same so no need to show it :))
The fabrics are so pretty and I have a bit more of some of it and a lot more of the rest.
This is what I did at the end of the day, why I started at the end is anybody's guess. LOL.
The day began with going to the clinic and getting the dressing changed on the pic line. Both the nurse and I had no information from the doctor as to when this line is to be taken out so the nurse is calling today. Usually she sends a fax so I think that is what she will do. The doctor's office seems to answer a fax and ignore a phone call. Fine whatever works for them works for me.
We had to go down to the Medical Supplies  store to pick up ...guess what? Medical Supplies.
Then we decided to go over to Surrey to Tom's. I haven't been there for a long time and it was nice to see everyone again and to get lots of hugs. I was looking for a large yoyo maker but no luck, they had none. Carol said they would be getting some in on the next order. I have the small one that I bought in Houston when I went to the show a few years ago. I really enjoyed looking around the store at the fabrics and I always like the notions but there was nothing I could make up my mind to buy. Kerri suggested that I sign up to come to a trunk show of  Hoop Sisters designs.   She said Kathy was signed up and maybe we could come together. I wrote Kathy when I got home and while my letter was going to her computer her message was coming to mine. We crossed paths. Kathy had called the shop and Kerri told her I had signed up. We made arrangements to go together next Thursday the 21st at 9:15 AM. 
I took a couple of photos in the shop. This one is all done in the hoop, a Hoop Sisters design and uses scraps to make the wands of the Dresden Plate. It is gorgeous. The next one is also a Hoop Sisters design .
It looks so complicated and by the way the back is also beautiful.  This one is a queen size, it would sure jazz up the bedroom LOL.

We came home after that and had a sandwich for lunch. Then I lay down and read for a bit when fell asleep for a while.  and after that you need to go back to the beginning of this blog Haha.
Sam called while we were out , he was going to come up to take out the water cooler which has sprung a leak. But we were not home and he was going home to Langley. We cannot decide whether to buy a new one or drink from the tap. I like bottled water and we always buy the small bottles for me. Ray has gotten used to the tap water. We should go to  the store and buy a nice pitcher . We drink a lot of water so maybe it is a good idea to use tap water.
Time's up :)))
Have a lovely evening , summer evenings are so beautiful.
Guten abend!




4 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Lovely block, Nan - I think you are better at piecing than you give yourself credit for. Will make a darling quilt.

Diana Davis said...

Love the block! But the quilts at that place look WAY too busy for me!

Jean said...

How about a Brita system for your water ? They have a nice pitcher that goes with the system. NO tap water for me !! It taste like chlorine to me and I think of all the critters I might be drinking.
LOL Making a blueberry pie this morning. (blueberry season).

Mary said...

That second Hoop Sisters design is amazing!!