a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, July 31, 2011

pleasure is always in fashion

It was a pleasureable day today. Matthew, Caroline, Ryan and Chelsea came over at lunch time with a bucket of Kemtucky Fried chicken and fries. Chelsea is only home until the end of August when she goes back to University in Toronto. She is looking good and so grown up and confident. Ryan goes into Grade 12 in September and is going to have a very busy year with a full course load and other things he is doing. Caroline was very helpful and so was Matthew. Thanks to them all for a great visit. And of course I forgot to take pictures ~~~~~
I had to have a short nap after eating. Then our great adventure of the day-going to the bakery was next on the agenda.
Ray suggested we go down to the end of Kerr St. which is next to the bakery, where there is a huge development happening, shops, mall, townhouses, restaurants. The road is through , at the bottom of the road is  a wharf that goes out onto the river. It looked so very pretty, but the photo will tell a better tale than I can. As the Chinese say a picture is worth a thousand words.

When I feel more up to it I definitely want to walk down to the end and watch the river go by. As you can see I am making plans for when I recover from my surgery. LOL. I think it is better to not think of the surgery as that is the doctor's concern and concentrate on the fun  I'm going to have after the surgery and recovery is complete.
I took two photos of the park when we were driving away, just held up my camera over my head and snapped away LOL.
See!!
Amazing what a camera will do isn't it, even backwards!
In keeping with the beautiful day we decided to go for a Dairy Queen for asundae. MMM so good . I had pineapple with a dollop of marshmallow on top and Ray had caramel on his. It was time to go home after the Sundae but we were not up to having any dinner tonight LOL.

Here's another link with some other patchwork items for babies...
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/projectdetail.jsp?PRODID=xprd965357&CATID=
Cute set for baby from Joannes. I have a small patchwork teddy that a friend gave me many years ago and I still treasure it.
Time out folks, talk tomorrow.
Have a lovely evening.

No comments: