a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

the lady presides

Another picture from Ione. I rarely see a cat as most cats are indoor cats these days. They are too valuable to let out for coyotes to attack. And many like my sister live in apartments and it is easier to keep the cats inside. This is beautiful cat but he/she looks kind of put out. Her name is Emily,love the name as one of my great granddaughters is Emilie.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/07/starry-eyed-quilt.html

Check this quilt out I just love it and it has instructions too.
We went to see Dr.Warner the urologist  this morning. He wants me to go for urine tests every 2 weeks for a while. He said if the infection is not finished then we proceed to the surgery which is  a four hour operation. So we watch and wait once again. I am going for the test tomorrow. I feel good so hope I am good :))
The lavendar beds are in full bloom right now and they are so lovely to see. Have a look  :))

We went to the Lougheed mall after going to the doctor. It is a bit out of our way so it was nice to see something different. We walked all around the mall and I found to my disappointment that the lovely little store which carried such neat things, ornaments and stuff, I guess you could call it a "bits and pieces" shop LOL, was no longer there. Another nice shop gone and the big ones are still around. We have seen that so many smaller shops have disappeared .The rents in malls are horrendous and the little stores cannot pay them.
Will and Kate made an unscheduled visit to the town of Slave Lake which had suffered such devastation from forest fires. They were "royally" greeted again with cheers and smiles. They are such a caring young couple.
Lunch time came around while we were there so we sat in a small open restaurant. I have always liked that little place. We had Shepherds Pie and it was delicious but I could not believe how much the price had increased.
AND today I had an uninterrupted nap.  I needed that one since my night sleep is always interuupted.
Did you see the dust storm that swallowed up Phoenix and surrounding districts. It was stunning . It just rolled over the whole area. I have a friend who lives in Surprise, close to Phoenix. I pray she is all right. Can you ever imagine what you house would look like after that storm.


My sewing machines must have seized up after all this time sitting unused. I must get started on something. I need to make two baby quilts.

Time out :))
Have a great evening especially if you are fortunate enough to be outside .
Buenos Noches.

No comments: