a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, July 14, 2011

more fences for Rae

Rae said she liked the fences so I took some more pictures of fences. They are many types and sizes of fences on the routes we travel. But even better than fences is to travel down the back lanes. I love doing that. The lanes are quite different from the front yards. The front yards are the face you want the world to see and the back yards and lanes are what you really are :))
This is just a beautiful fence all way round. These are the gates as if you had to be told and below is the actual fence.
Then there are the opposite type of fence, you wonder why it is still standing LOL
Ugly isn't it? I took a lot of pictures today but I won't make you miserable by showing them all LOL. However I get a charge out of them and go back and look at them often.. Personality shows up in the way houses are taken care of. Some love beauty and others don't give a rat's hind legs about beauty. haha....
We took a trip to the mall for our walking exercise in the morning. There are lots of empty stores and some that appear to be closing down. Also we noted that there are so many clothing stores in the mall. We should all be well dressed but I note that most people are rather shabby. Once in a while I see a lady in a beautiful ethnic dress and I wish I could take her photo but that would be an invasion of privacy. I also see some beautiful little children but can't photograph them for the same reason.
After the trip around the mall we came home for a bit , then we had a doctor appointment for some prescriptions. And of course after that to the pharmacy.
I cut a bit of fabric for two sashings and a border for the tube blocks to make a table runner. So I am back in the swim of things again, not that I do much at a time but somehow manage to do a bit a day. That works.
It rained today and was cloudy for part of the day. Ray and I are weird because we like that kind of weather . We are not happy when it gets too hot but it appears that we will be very happy for a while :))))
Dinner tonight was Ray's wonderful ribs and sauerkraut. It is sooo goood.....
We do have dessert  but I am not able to eat any since I really had a big meal. Good thing!!!
Tonight I think I'll sew for a bit.
Have a wonderful evening  folks.
Good evening, English is a language too you know. LOL





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Nan. what was the dessert last night that you did not eat ? LOL

nanboudreau said...

Peach pie and whipped cream. And I still have not had any.
love
Nan