a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, July 3, 2011

July SBS

Out for a sunning,she takes the right things along to avoid a sunburn.

C:\Users\Mary\Pictures\plaid-quilt-along-part-one.htm

This is one of the best looking string quilts I have ever seen. Usually I don't care for them. This is part one of a tutorial, it looks like fun.

 I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.
For me they are the role model for being alive.

Gilda Radner 

Great quote!
Patiently waiting for his owner.
I said there would be more about the Dogwood tree.  Because the Dogwood Nuttalis is so sensitive to transplant there have been attempts to discover a way to create a hardier plant. In 1955  Henry M. Eddie first propogated a hardier variety that was more amenable to being transplanted. I had not heard of this one until sometime in the '70s when we planted one in the courtyard at school.
It is different from the original in that the flowers are smaller and do not have the curled brown points at the tips of the flower. It also grows in a manner that is more like a bush than a tree,being more rounded in shape while the Nutallis is a taller variety and the flowers are sparser on the branches. I do prefer the original Dogwood . Below is a photo of Eddie's White Wonder Dogwood.
We had another full day, first of course on Sunday is the housework and washing, then we went to London Drugs for a few items. I bought some eye liners and a lip liner along with a new lipstick to replace one of the colours I love that had to be thrown out. My those things are expensive. I didn't think they had gone up so much in price. We had to purchase some Salmon Oil pill. I like the pure Salmon Oil not the mixed one with mackerel and other fish oils so it is a bit more expensive.
Then I talked to the camera expert because I was not always happy with my photos but he took a look at the ones on the camera and said there was nothing wrong with them. I guess if I am standing still instead of taking my photos from a moving vehicle they aren't that bad LOL. He did show me a trick though. If you focus on an object and press down on the shutter button half way and continue to focus the lines will come up around the focal point and then you press down on the shutter button to complete the shot.I am going to try that. One trick at a time!! Maybe I'll get some more tips another time. Mind you it is necessary to stand still to implement this trick LOL.
What a cute little guy I said , the owner said no, she's a girl and her name is Lily. She must be a young puppy says I ,the fount of all knowledge DOG. No said the owner she is 6 years old. Boy I think I'll keep my mouth shut from now on. Not very likely you say LOL>
Lily was very busy with her cookie so it was hard to get her face.
She is a mix of Pomerian and Chihuahua , very tiny....
After we got home Marg came over to show me her new toy, an  iPod- games only ,which Karin gave her as an early birthday present. Her birthday is in September. Marg loves it. We had some fun trying it out.







No comments: