a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, July 28, 2011

you can still get something for a nickel

 http://bit.ly/qxqxwK   And here it is . What to do with 5" squares or charm squares.   Here are 2 freebies but if you click on On Line Store  
there are more for sale but most of us don't need a pattern and can make it ourselves from looking at the pattern.

http://quilt-knit-run-sew.blogspot.com/2011/07/tutorial-make-buckwheat-bag.html
Do you have something that gives you a "pain in the neck" or someone :)) Make one of these great neck bags that can be cooled in the fridge for about an hour.
. I think Wal Mart carries  in their gardening dept. some little white pellets that you put in your plants to hold water, but you need to put a teaspoon in each section of the neck bag. Some put rice and others use buckwheat pellets. Warm about 90 sec . Turning at 30 sec.  intervals. There- no more pains in the neck :))
Below is a tutorial on making a card trick block. It was one of the first quilts I made and I love it. Mine is red and black so is pretty dramatic. That's another picture I am trying to find. LOL.
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/07/garden-party.html

Ray and I had to see the doctor for prescription, well he did but I sat in the waitng room while he talked to a replacement doctor. I didnpt want to go in there and fill him in on the past 7 months. I'll wait for our regular doctor.
We went an hour early and drove around looking for some good photos . Not many dogs today but lots of fences LOL. They don't go in the house. It was warm so I think most dogs and people were inside under the fan. We did get one dog though.


But we had some fun and Ray chose some unusual photos.
Ray just had to take this plain Jane , the colour made him laugh.
See the Lemoyne Star in the blocks of the fence. I'm sure not everyone would see a quilt block in this fence but I know you all will.....
This fence has an interesting use of blocks, I took a close up of the end of this fence. Coming up!!!!
Isn't this lovely?




After the doctor visit we had to go to the pharmacy to pick up the meds. There is a Starbucks in Safeway so we had a coffee and a lemon cake which we shared. By then I was at the end of my stamina so we came home and I lay down for a while.
Right now I am watching The Mentalist. A good evening for me. Ray will watch more of the football game after my show.
It's a trade off!!
Have a lovely evening outside, It is beautiful to walk outside at this time of the day.
Good night folks!!!

God kveld

1 comment:

GailM. said...

Thanks for mentioning my not so magic bag tutorial on your blog. Much appreciated!!