a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Costco

Costco sure is expensive or is it the way we lose perspective as we enter those hallowed doors. So much to choose from and the merchandise seems to be very well priced. Of  course you must buy a book, some chocolates, a huge jar of cashews, Mrs Callander's chicken pot pies and then the useful paper goods that were in your plan. Big bill!! 
I love the hot dogs they sell there but today I couldn't even think of eating one,way too big, so we went to Wendy's LOL. I ordered a Malt. Apparently it is not called a Malt but a Frostee so the man at the till told me in a " are you a dummy " voice. Oh well I got my Frostee . Could only eat  half of it but it was so delicious. Ray had a hamburger, no fries...
Back to Costco, Ray had me in the wheelchair and  he could not push the cart and me too.But Ray always finds a solution. He put me at the book shelves and I stayed there until his shopping was complete. Funny thing though, The wheelchair was so low down I could not see the titles of the book so had to pick up each one to see if I wanted to buy it. I did buy a James Patterson and again he is writing in collaboration with another writer. Is he losing his talent? Can he no longer produce a whole book by himself. I wonder.
Oh and at the moment I am reading New York by Edmund Rutherford. It is a chronology of New York from when it was a small native fishing village and takes us through the centuries and all the events that occurred in that time. It is told in a story form as it introduces you to the history of that great city. Big book, but a wonderful story. I like the span of time it covers and helps us to realize the chronology of the era.
Time to go for my walk down the hall, I may be back LOL.
Photo gallery, I am back.
Charlotte the laughing Angel.

Ah -back to the hydro boxes, this one covered with roses

And also covered with roses is this cute little dress.

that's all folks....
Buona Sera

No comments: