a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, December 31, 2011

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date

Charlotte in her new vehicle , she looks happy. Soon Charlotte will be one year old. Hard to believe.

Do you have issues with overused words? The word like comes to mind. There was a good article in the paper this morning regarding this topic. The author lists 10 words and phrases that should be banished for 2012. His top choice is
.Amazing. followed by Baby Bump , then Shared Sacrifice, Occupy, Blowback, Man Cave, The  New Normal, Pet Parent, Win the Future,Trickeration, Ginormous and Thank You in Advance.
No more Amazing Grace...... His joke , not mine. There were
two columns as he is very passionate about these "iconic" , another bad word,  mouthings. I thought it was fun and entertaining. And will it make us more aware of the words we use way too often.

Last night it rained so hard it woke me up. The rain pelted down on the roof and  the windowpane. It was extremely noisy but I never mind the sound of the rain. When I could walk I used to get up in the night and go to the front room window to watch the rain run down the roof of the townhouse below us. It was soothing for me. Picture courtesy of
You can sign up for you Daily Squeeek  if you choose. It always makes me smile.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow because we can't go anywhere. I need to get on my PC and do some organizing. This laptop also needs organizing. And of course there are some embroideries  I need to get at.
It's time for winter
Have a fabulous New Year Evening.
A very prosperous , healthy and happy year ahead.
Happy New Year.






No comments: