a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Live for today

Who knows what tomorrow may bring. I hope that something good will happen tomorrow. I have three appointments so that will fill up my day. Then we really need to go to the grocery store. Fun eh!
But for today we stayed in, the nurse was really good today and gave me a lot of good advice.
I have spent most of the day in the bathroom except for the time I was napping.
Ray found 2 quilting magazines still in the bag, so that has been a nice treat. They were a bit out of date with Hallowe'en projects but still  reading the instructions gives me a few ideas.
In one magazine it shows how to make a hexagon quilt using strips. Interesting technique. I need to take a bit more time at it though to determine if it will work for me. Oh heck what am I talking about It doesn't look like I will be sewing any time soon.  Too much going on around here.
There were 2 colour strips sewn together in one long length,  a second length using different colours. Then with a 60' triangle ruler cut out triangles and sew the alternating triangles together to make a hexagon.

Oh well I still love to look at the quilting magazines.  So may beautiful quilts. As they say -so many quilts ,so little time.
Wow did you see that there is a killer operating on Craig's List,offering jobs that people respond to . The end result is really frightening. It seems that nowhere is safe.  But the good news is the perpetrators have been caught.
Matthew came over this morning for a visit and we had a good chat. Caroline was out Christmas shopping. Matthew talked about his job at the airport,or should I say jobs. He said he loved his work and has loved any job  he had so in effect he never really had to work.
What a great way to look at life!!
Adam says it is getting cold down in Louisiana, it's all relative of course. When we were there one winter it was at the freezing point, so it is not always hot down south. And we have had no rain, not any projected for several more days. That was great for the annual Santa Claus Parade today. We watched it on the news and the kids were just so cute, the little ones dancing to the music. It makes me happy.
I have not been able to take pictures these days. Because I have trouble with my legs it is a great challenge to get up for the camera. When we go out there are not many nice scenes to take. Maybe we can go down to the river but Ray has to push me in the wheelchair so I hate to ask any more of him.
I'll keep my eyes open for something tomorrow.
Prayers for my dear friend Lindsay who had an accident on the hospital and received a deep cut on her leg. Get well Lindsay.
Have a lovely evening folks.
And thanks for your comments.

Have a lovely evening.
God kvall

No comments: