a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A find sort of


> http://tlcstitches.blogspot.com/2010/07/faux-piped-binding-tutorial.html
Although this is a great blog for information, I am hoping someone recognizes the folded flowers at the top of the page. I have been looking for this pattern for several years. I saw a small quilt made of this block at a quilt shop, bought the fabric  hoping the shop would find the pattern. Never happened. I looked through a series of shops to no avail but would sure love to know where this is and what it is.

http://lovetosew.com/aroundtheworldquilt.htm
 Lovely TATW  placemats ,they could make for a very festive table
in Christmas colours. This one looks like spring doesn't it?

I finally saw my family doctor. She is a nice lady and we get along well. Ray and I just had to have some prescriptions renewed.
I wonder if any of you take Actonel to increase  your bone density. If you have been taking it for 5 years or more your bones could become very brittle and shatter instead of break. She asked me about the falls I  have had this year and did  I break any bones. None of my recent falls have caused a break so the doctor said the Actonel has increased my bone density enough and I could come off the pill. It is very expensive so I am happy for two reasons.good bones and more money in my hand.
We still have no snow and so far no rain just grey skies and clouds. Strange though it may be I like these days. I recall  while at a weekly ceramics class one of the ladies who was friendly with me admitted a bit shamedly that she liked these kind of days .That I did too quite surprised her.


When I came home I sat and watched a movie with about a woman who falls for her neighbour's husband . Because she is really crazy she begins to eliminate anyone whom she thinks comes between the mand and herself. She is determined to get him. Another one of those Chick Flicks , at least I think it is of that genre.
Debris from the Japanese earthquake and tsunami are beginning to show up on the west coast of North America. Some has already come ashore. It could be a huge problem.
I did a bit of knitting last night , just another dish cloth but something.
Now it is time to go . Have a wonderful evening.
Joyeux Noel.








No comments: