a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

good stuff

http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/Christmas%20Designs.html
Time again for Fat Cat patterns, they are always worth looking at.

Received a lovely comment from anonymous in 'Bonnie Scotland'. And I am thrilled to hear from you. Merry Christmas to you and yours also.

Isn't this a cute picture, it makes me smile each time I look at it.
 Nobody I know but just too cute to ignore.

We did it! Ray took me over to my sewing group for the Christmas pot luck. It was amazing, everyone clapped their hands when I came in. We had Betty's delicious tea sandwiches. Remember when ladies used to cut the bread length wise and spread the filling on the slice , then rolled the slice into a tube. then it is put into the fridge to kind of set I guess, I have never made any of these sandwixhes, just eaten them. Later the roll is sliced and little round sandwich appears. Magic!!   Betty had several fillings, our favourite is egg,then there is salmon and ham salad and asparagu with cream cheese.
They are delicious and we were given a care package to take home.
Besides food, desserts etc. we had such a lovely visit. Everybody came over to welcome me , to chat and to wish us a Merry Christmas. It was a lovely day. Ray enjoyed himself too ,the ladies treated him very well . They are such lovely friends.
I did not go to Community Quilts as I was not sure they were operating today. They had their Christmas Party last week and I thought that was the time for everything to come to a halt.
Prettiest pieced ornament I've seen and you can find the instructions on  About Quilting.


Paper pieced Christmas patterns .  They're kind of cute.

 This is the beautiful poinsettia that Kathy gave me yesterday. thank you again Kathy, I am enjoying looking at it.
Time's up!!!
Have a great evening folks.
Buona notte.