a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, December 11, 2011

little to say

I did not get my embroidery machine out today, but I thought about it.

I was not in a good way today. The nurse came and gave me instructions to keep me regular and it worked . That wore me out and I went to bed for a while but of course the phone rang twice. Isn't that a play/movie The Postman Always Rings Twice. 
When I was young the postman or mailman as we call it came around to each house, as did the egg man, the vegetable man and the ice man.
Back to the postman, he always stopped at our house and my mom served him tea and cookies. I think he was from Scotland as was my mom.  It broke up his long trek.
The thistle a symbol of Scotland , maybe it fits as the Scots can be a bit prickly. LOL

The only thing we did today was go to Safeway but Ray did buy ice cream, so we'll have a treat tonight.
He took some beef barley soup that he had made and frozen out of the freezer and we ate that for dinner. It was absolutely delicious, no body maked beef barley soup like Ray, it is a wonderful treat too.
The price of food has sure gone up, we wanted to buy some mandarin oranges but they were just awful and the price did not come down because of that. So we did not buy them. Back in the day you could only get those little Japanese oranges from the end of November to Christmas but they were such a big treat. We always got one in our Christmas stocking.
No baby yet but Mary is due tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.
Enough of my ramblings, I am off for the night.
Have a great evening folks.   
Guten Tag.  

No comments: