a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

another great party

My sewing friends gave me a wonderful party at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club today.
The doors of the yacht club, that's my walker up there, where am I? LOL Down at the bottom of the stairs slowly climbing.
Beautiful carpets, the anchors are gold embroidery. Very luxurious.
There were several models of sailing ships, I tried to take a photo of several but they didn't show up on my camera. However this one is a good one.
In front of this beautiful stained glass window , my hand is on the cannon ready to fire haha.
The view from the deck, I;d love to sit out there on a beautiful summer day.
.
 The meal was a beautiful crab salad with asparagus tips, sliced avacado , tomatoes, cucumbers, eggs. It was one of those magnificent salads that you love to eat.
There was coffee and of course cake with 6 candles. What you say , and so did I? but Nancy said it was because I was younger than 80 Hahaha. Very nice compliment. There was a new member of the group that I had not seen before, she introduced herself to me and said she lived close to our place and offered to drive me to Tuesday group if I ever needed a lift. It was lovely of her to make this offer. Quilters are such generous people.
Nancy who is the author of this party with the gift.
The wrapping made by Betty's daughter Anne who is such an artist around  arts and crafts .

And here is the gift.  Look!!!! I was so happy to get one of my most favourite quilts.
My favourite girls LOL. Some ladies made blocks, some did the sashing , Pat did the quilting, some the layering and others did the binding. A group effort.
Thank you so much dear friends , it was a beautiful day.
The tress have finally blossomed , late because of the weather , the city is beautiful with our cherry blossom trees.
And one last thing. As I was looking for my grey suit this morning I found a beautiful purple jacket hanging in my closet , the tag still hanging from the sleeve. I wondered where it came from as I have no memory of buying it. Believe me if I knew it was hanging around in my closet I would have been wearing it. It must have been when I was going in and out of the hospital although I don't recall shopping much.
Expect to see me with this soon, like tomorrow LOL.
Have a lovely evening folks.
God Afton.





No comments: