a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 9, 2012

a pleasant visit


<http://www.seamstobeyouandme.com/wordpress/2010/08/31/a-string-quilt-tutorial/>
A good tutorial for a string quilt. I have never tried one but appreciate the work fo those who have.

http://patspattering.blogspot.ca/2010/07/paper-piecing-tutorial.html  
A good tutorial for exact paper piecing.

  
<http://www.connectingthreads.com/tutorials/Foundation_Paper_Piecing-how_to_video__D81.html>
Connecting Threads - Foundation Paper Piecing
Good stuff from Connecting threads. This is the way I learned to Paper Piece. But don't take me for gospel as I hated it.  I did that lovely poinsettia with my friend Rae's help. She does beautiful paper piecing quilts.  If you send me a photo Rae, I'll put it up on my blog.

Adam and Lisa took us out for lunch to Mr. Ho's for Chinese food . It was good and good fun too. Thanks a lot to them.
We had enough left over for dinner too. :))

Then we went to the grocery store to shop, we usually do that on Saturday so we are a bit late. Not that it really matters. We have food here.
After we arrived home Margaret came over with a book Shadow Dance by Julie Garwood. After I finish the 2 books I have from the library I'll read it. I am half way through one of them. I keep falling asleep when I go to bed instead of reading LOL. Sleep isn't that what you are supposed to do when you go to bed?

Margaret stayed quite a while and we chatted so it was almost dinner time when she left. It was a good visit.

Even birds need grooming or preening as they call it. birds need to preen as their new feathers are waxed and that needs to be removed so they look after each other. Also it keeps the feathers laying properly. It is like the need to comb your hair so it isn't stringy.
Isn't this adorable or did I already put this one up? Anyway it doesn't hurt to see it again. Who knew cats and dogs could be like this with each other. Oh yes tell me you cat and dog owners already  knew that , Right?
I am happy to say I am happy to get older, any day on this side of the grass is a good day. Doesn't this look relaxing?
Weather report for today, Sunny all day, beautiful spring day. The cherry blossoms are out.
Looks like I am out of -whatever it is I do LOL.

Have a great evening.
Buenos Tardes.








No comments: