a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, April 26, 2012

back surgery

Looking for something fun to do with your quilting friends? How about a fabric exchange!
http://bit.ly/K9PWcc
This is a fun video with Mary Fons and she shows some great blocks with the measurements.

There are 6 designs of log cabins but because of my slight dyslexia I am having troube distinguishing where one fabric stops and another begins. The pattern on the fabric is way too busy for me. Some of you  might not have any trouble with it.

http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/VictorianaQuilters/BlockoftheMonth/BlockoftheMonth.htmAnother quilt  that looks marvellous. Try it!
What a time of it today. First the carpet man came to measure the floor and to give us a price on changing the carpet which is so bad I can scarcely look at it. It has stains at the entranc to the room that I have no idea where they could possible come from except that is might be when the cleaning lady brings the mop from the back of the apartment to the front. That may not be the cause but we never carry food or drink in that area . But I wll be happy to have them new again so it doesn't really matter unless more spots show up.
And the price was right......
This is such a gorgeous picture of the sky and the earth. What fabulous colours and such great movement.
Another nature picture LOL.
It rained today - hard, as you can tell . But the street is lined with these fabulous pink Japanese cherry or plum blossoms. It makes the city so beautiful when these trees bloom. I love it.
This afternoon Ray had an appointment with the vascular surgeon for the pain in his leg but this doctor also said it is his back that is the problem, spinal stenosis is the verdict and that means surgery to ease off the pain. We are worried about this type of surgery, any surgery for that matter. He will have to go to a back surgeon next.
On the way home we decided to go to the White Spot on Kingsway and Knight for dinner. We had a great waiter who when we went into the restaurant said "Come on down" LOL.
He  was fun. I had spaghetti and sauce while Ray had a club sandwich. It was very good and we have enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

We are both really tired  after our busy day. Neither of us like to go into town and we have had to several times in the past two weeks.
This guy amused me and I laughed....... Tee hee.

I have not been able to go to my sewing this past Tuesday or next Tuesday because all my drivers are off on holiday so I think I need to get out and drive my car around the neighbourhood.
A card Trick quilt in black and red. This was my first ever quilt and it has 81 different reds manty of them I received from friends . I know I have shown it before but it was a long time ago and as I love it , it seemed to me it could bear repeating :)))
I am going to take my laptop to London Drugs tomorrow for a check up to see where my address book went, so I may be without it for a few days. However I do have a PC in the back bedroom so I'll be able to write my blog, it just is more fun doing it on my lap LOL.
Time to go .
Have a good evening folks.
Buenos tardes.


















1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So sorry to hear about the back surgery....wow.

You two seem to have so much fun together. Your post always make me smile.

Love the pup picture as well!