a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Another kick at the cat Go Canucks


http://www.quiltersworld.com/featured_pattern.php
What a nice manly quilt for the love of your life. We have to treat them right ladies don't we?  My Ray deserves much more than he gets but there it is , he is a giver.


Here it is - an adorable triangular thread catcher that just sits wherever you want it to sit. I might even make this one LOL, although I do have one that Gail and I worked on when Ray and I were in Phoenix. Truth be told she worked more that I did :)) I use my thread catcher all the time when I am sewing, it is indispensible. So for those of you who do not have one this is the one to make.
Cute isn't it. It was sent in by Anne in Seattle. Thanks Anne.
Tonight the hockey finals start and we are without our highest scorer Daniel Sedin who suffered a concussion a few weeks ago. He is apparently not recovered enough to play. It was a deliberate elbow to the temple that caused the concussion.  There is too much of players deliberate injuring others. Something must be done about that.  But the rest of the team is good so it should be able to carry the day.

Ray and I went out twice today, in the morning and again in the afternoon. In the morning we went to Metrotown and checked out the children's stores but are astounded at the price ot children's clothes. No wonder young people are buying gently used fashions for their babies and toddlers.
We had one of those sinful Cinnabons and coffee. The lady at the shop gave us an extra little bon  because she likes us. So nice of her.
I wanted to buy some shoes but it is very difficult to find shoes for my feet. All four of my pairs of shoes are getting so shabby. Even polish is not doing the job.  However I was tryng to buy a pair of lime green sneakers. No luck there either but plenty of orange sneakers. Oh my what is going on in these shops?
We had to come home because our cleaning lady was coming at noon and we had to be home to let her in.
In the afternoon we went to the library to return my books and to pick out some more to read.  There was a new help yourself  machine to sign out your books. Wow it was so easy to do, no need to go to the counter any more to get it done.

Weather Report. It poured !!
Aren't the cherry blossom trees in front of the local schoolyard beautiful. But it is quite gloomy today so when it is sunny again I'll take another picture to compare the two.
You can see the rain on this tree but the blossoms were really gorgeous. It is quite a young tree and still a bit spindly but I am sure it will grow up to be a wonderful beauty as it grows.

I was going to do some sewing today and cut some strips to put around the ballerinas but I was not happy  with it and need to square off the edges. So another day as we then went out and I didn't get back to it. Sometime I would like to just stay home for a day.
It seems appropriate in light of the previous paragraph LOL.
Gail is this one of Thomas' photos, it is a beautiful garden.
Time for me to go folks. I want to knit tonight, Actually I need to knit on that hat that is sitting beside my chair and has been for some time because I hate the pattern. Oh well it either will have to go ahead or take it all out and do a different pattern.
Well that was another paragraph instead of me signing off I just continued on LOL.
Dobro vece.









No comments: