a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, April 12, 2012

daily routines

http://www.thatgirlthatquilt.com/2011/02/rounded-quilt-corners-bias-binding.html 

This is an excellent tutorial for curved binding. I had to do this for a quilt once and the bias binding works really well.

www.freequiltpatterns.info.com
Excellent videos on this site if you scroll down a bit. There are other things as well that may be of interest to quilters.

Our day was good -aren't they all LOL.  We waited for the painter to come to give us an estimate and he stood us up. Well that wasn't really good was it? But nothing much makes me unhappy so off we went to the mall for our walk and for a bit to eat. We bought some Tim's soup , potato/bacon for me while Ray had a cheese bagel.
We walked over to Sears to look at the shoes and they were awful, really cheap shoes and not possible for me to wear. I need very good shoes as I have several foot problems, very high instep and arch so I have to buy expensive shoes to accomodate  those differences.
Lovely aren't they If I could wear shoes like these I would wear shoes like these. In the meantime I just like to look at them.

We went back to  the car and drove to another store because I needed some unmentionables LOL.  I got what I wanted. Ray shopped at Marketplace while I was in the store. He went in for one item and came out with a basket full of things. Same old, same old. He shops the grocery stores like I shop the quilt stores Haha.
I just had a nice talk with Rick who is back in Calgary. He said it was snowing. But that is where the work is right now. He'll take the summer off anf go back there in the Fall. He works a contract which is why he has those choices. He is working for the Calgary school board setting up the computer network system. Peter is also working for the board , I think he sets up project management programmes . He is an expert at that and is doing well there.
Charlotte sitting on Aunt Mary's lap and playing with Uncle Albert. Is she amused do you think?
Ray has taken to shooting photos. He took this one. I guess he didn't see why I should have all the fun LOL. This is the corner of Central park. The flowers there are changed out for every season and when they are finished blooming.
This street is lined with white cherry plum trees. It is very beautiful. And the next street is lined with pink Cherry blossom trees. Again the streets are wonderful!


Weather report: Pouring rain and then in the afternoon sun.
Looks lke fun doesn't it? these little mouse cartoons are so cute. I just love them. You probably noticed that.

I did some sewing today. Cut another strip of purple because one of the others I cut , I cut in half .Then I sewed all four strips on to the embroidered top. There was not a piece in my stash that I could use for the final border so I'll have to go and buy some tomorrow.
Why is it that there is never the right piece in your stash and you have to run out and buy more. Is that bad LOL?
One more picture of Charlotte.  All smiling  and happy. Charlotte's beautiful smile is just delightful. Mom Meaghan, Dad Lewis , Baby Charlotte- a lovely family.


Time out folks. Have a great evening.
Bon soir.









1 comment:

Mary said...

Albert is actually playing with Rose who is laying on the couch! You can just see her behind Charlotte :) She looks like a doll!