a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, April 1, 2012

We have suffered a loss

Marion Latoski Ray's beloved sister passed away at noon today . The culprit was cancer. We will miss her cheerful ways. Rest In Peace Marion. You deserve that at the very least. We loved you. Poor Ray he will miss her messages and phone calls . He said today as we came in from visiting his uncle in the hospital that he will never have a message from Marion again. It is so sad but we are relieved that her pain is over.

I have so little to say tonight but here is a fine pretty pattern to cheer you up after a long winter.
Summer Flower Pots
Ray and I went to the Surrey hospital this afternoon to visit his uncle who is actually more like a cousin as they are only 2 years apart in age. We got totally lost in there and had to walk for what seemed like miles. No one knew where to find his room but eventually someone did. We spent a while visiting him. He was happy to see us. When we got home we were exhausted from all that walking. I lay down for a nap and who knows what Ray did but the phone rang several times.
Later he told me that Lynn our daughter in Quebec said they had trouble finding books for our great granddaughter who is in English school. She said that Sears is not allowed to send English
books  to Quebec and would we look for some for her here. That will be fun for me so we are going tomorrow. The rules in Quebec are so obsessive about the French language.
 Boy I do love Google. If you are concerned about how a word is spelled just enter it into the google search and it comes up. How good is that?

Mary just called and I heard little Rose cooing into the phone. I get to see her on Saturday  at my 80th  birthday party. I am so excited about it as all my family will be there.


OR this is what you'll get -

Comin' after you  LOL.

Sorry this is not really a joke but I have a sick mind!!



That's all for tonight folks.
I hope you all have a good evening.
Goeienand.














3 comments:

Gail in Arizona said...

LOL I see you use Michaels photo of Marcos Island in Florida!

So sorry to hear of Marion's loss. Give Ray a big hug from us Nan - Gail & David

Denise said...

Nan,
I was sad to hear about Marion's death. I never met her but the way you described her makes me wish I did know her. It's a sad time but also a time to celebrate her wonderful life. Please take care. Denise in AK

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan, please tell Ray how sorry I am to hear of his sister's passing. It is so hard as you get older and you have to experience the loss of loved ones. We can only pray that they are in a better place. No more illness or pain.Love, Jean