a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

free

www.freequiltpatterns.info
Free tutorials for quilts. Check this one out.
I thought this was appropriate :)))

This morning we went shopping for carpets ,ours is badly stained and we have no idea where the spots came from. They are not in a place where we bring our coffee. We think it might be raindrops from an umbrella but the spots are dark so that probably won't be it. Anyway the carpet is faded in places and stained in others. It is looking very tired. We looked at two places and there was a difference of $1100 dollars. The carpet pieces were  priced close to the same dollars so we decided to go the less expensive but not necessarily cheaper carpet. We're happy with our choice. The carpets will take until May 1st to get here. We went for blue again as we like it and we are only doing part of the apartment , just the living portion , not the sleeping part. It will be more hard work for Ray to move  the furniture again. We are hoping the carpet layers will help us. The salesman said they would and they did the last time we had the carpet done. The first salesman told us that the people here preferred the tans and browns , earth colours , for their carpets and there were so many choices of those colours on display. 
We have decided not to put everything  away as in about 10 days we would have to take it all out again, no need for that LOL. So we'll just dwell in the uproar.
After we went for a bite to eat and then to the Brick to have a look at the furniture. Again mostly tan and brown leather furniture . Disappointing selection of choices. So we will continue to look. It is not essential as our furniture is not really that bad yet.
Whoops who do we have here, another Rose?  What a sweetie!! I wish we could see her more often but she live in Victoria and I am afraid to take the ferry. I have to be careful because I may get sick again and being on the ferry is not a good place to have a relapse.  Maybe I'll take a chance later on in the year.

It speaks for itself.

The Canvas Prison is something we all need to see. It is so horrifying to women in Afghanistan that it moves us all to tears.  If only it had led us into a pathway whereby we could help. The dreadful way these women are totally disrespected by their families and culture is shocking. Please have a look at this site.
Birds in the Air , you can find this pattern almost anywhere. It is an older one and a classic. Plug it into your browser and it will be there. However there are several variations of this block as it is for many of the older ones. If you want to practice your half square triangles haha then go for this block.
I have still not heard back from Tom about my embroidery machine and the way things are in here I have no surface to use for cutting and sewing until the stuff is all put back where it belongs. In view of that I went back to the library today and took out another Fast Read and one other book. Between the computer and my books I should be all right.
Well maybe that darned hat I am knitting.
Also both my drivers are out of town so I was not able to go to my sewing today. Pat will be gone for two weeks and Juliet is off to Denmark to visit her dying aunt for the next 7 weeks. I am sure it will make her aunt's last days better . Maybe I can try and practice using my car again. It would be a short drive around the block to start.
Time for me to give up on this blog for tonight.
Have a lovely evening.
Bonne nuit.










No comments: