a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, April 14, 2012

bluejays

http://andiejohnsonsews.blogspot.com/2011/03/disapperaing-4-patch-tutorial.html
A disappearing 4 patch and it looks lovely, a bit easier that the disappearing  9 patch. This quilter uses two colours, red and white to make her statement.

The Senility Prayer:
Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the difference.
I laughed at this one and if it applies to you then perhaps you'll laugh too. LOL

We did our grocery shopping this morning and had a sausage and egg morning sandwich afterwards. There is a man who comes there all the time , like we do haha. He orders a coffee and reads his book for wuite some time. He is there when we arrive and still there whne we go. He never looks at anybody. He looks lonely to
me. That's my people watching for the day.

Weather report. sunny and gorgeous. The bluejays are flying all around out tree , we think they are going to build a nest. That will be fun to watch.
This bluejay is a Stellar Jay and is the bird symbol of British Columbia. They have a very raucus call . My friend Betty used to feed them peanuts and if the peanuts  were not there when they came they called vigorously and loudly demanding she put the peanuts out for them. Then of course Betty had a squarrrel who came into her kitchen and ate the nuts from the table. She has a beautful cat who came into her house one day and never left. LOL.

Adam and Lisa came over for a bit in the afternoon, it was a nice visit. We drove them back to their hotel where they will spend the night and catch their plane early in the morning. They need to be at the airport by 5:30 AM.
I took their picture and so far cannot find it. I think I may have deleted it or it did not download properly from my camera and I know I deleted it from my camera card.. Fiddlesticks!!
I love this one. So true, "keep right on 'til the end of the road". That is a song by the Scottish singer of my youth Harry Lauder. It is a song of never giving up.

If you want to make a Make a Comment on my blog all you have to do is go down to the bottom of the blog for the day and there it says comment. Click on that and a blank space will come up that you can write in. If you don't want to write there are three spaces , funny, interesting, cool where you can click. I love to read your comments.
Time for bed folks. I hope your evening was wonderful.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss my Bluejays. They were here all winter. I have a special feeder for whole peanuts.. they would clean me out everyday. Don't know where they go but have been gone for about 2 weeks. Took the peanut feeder down yesterday.
Ouer bluejays have white and gray feathers with the blue feathers. Jean