a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 30, 2012

sleepy time gal

www.quilting.about.com/pillowcase
I tried to find a pillowcase pattern but was not successful in transferring the site to my blog so back to old faithful About.com where you can find anything. Also I want to sew and Ray cleared some of the stuff off my sewing table. Now to find a space to cut the border. Not an easy task and I am off to do that now. Wish me luck!
My sewing table covered up with stuff off the walls etc. I wanted to sew so Ray kindly cleared it off and put it all on the bed haha.  My sewing project was a pillow case. I had to watch a video at least 4 times before I got the hang of it. This is the site I used.   www.robinquiltsetc.com    It is a great place to shop around for ideas.
The fabrics , the ladies of the group who gave me that gorgeous SBS quilt also added this piece
which was part of the border and just the right size for a pillowcase. Accident you think Haha.
There the three pieces sewn together in a roll so all the seams are enclosed just the way it is shown in the video.

http://www.caroldoak.com/weblog/?p=928
A tutorial from Carol Doak. Have a go at it.

http://countryjunktion.com/2012BOM.html       The May banner is up, cute flowers Grandmother's :))

I am having trouble with my lettering, it won't stay on normal. My I am getting very frustrated with this laptop.

Here we go, let's see if this stays. I got part of my pillowcase done and will finish it after we have supper. Neither of us is very hungry as we had lunch at Cockney Kings and even though we just had on piece of fish and shared one plate of chips, coffee and that was it.Not a big lunch but we are still full. Our appetites are getting smaller all the time but our weight remains the same haha. What's that all about.

We took the laptop back this morning as it was a mess. Clay fixed it but I still don't have my address book back which is why I took it to get fixed in the first place. Clay was quite angry with the young man who worked on my laptop. He said that he had a call already from another woman who brought her computer into the store and was not happy with the way the guy dealt with it. He is in for it.
I think he was in a big hurry and not paying attention. And so it goes-on and on and on.............
Income tax day today, Get it in or you will be fined. The big man has your number LOL. I know the American filing deadline is April 15th but ours is April 30th. And I feel for you that have to pay.

Now back to my pillowcase... Almost done, stopped to eat and play with my laptop. Oh dear that is such a waste of time some days.


There it is done and I feel good plus I have a new pillowcase. What could be better.

Don't mess with a woman, she may be weaker that a man but she always gets  him back even if it takes forever LOL.
Ray made this for dinner and then he apologized for not having any olives LOL. As if he ever needs to be sorry about anything. And yes I tell him that. His presentations are always so lovely.
I am closing for tonight. I had trouble with blogspot again and the part of the blog disappeared. I am tired of computer problems.
Have a great evening folks.












1 comment:

Mary said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that pillowcase :D the Asian Sakura flower material is great! I bet it's a kimono fabric pattern :D