a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 2, 2012

lots of photos

Judy Martin's Baseball Star block.      You can find this block here   Judy Martin's Ultimate Book of Quilt Block Patterns.
Susan of CO has a marvellous journal of her grandmother's written in 1916 which she is featuring on her blog as well as a block every day to represent the entry. Very clever blog.

http://starwoodquilter.blogspot.com/2012/03/baseball-star-quilt-block.html


http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/little-girls-patchwork-skirt.html 
I love this little skirt. For those of you who have little girls it is a lovely piece for her wardrobe.

Lynn called last night from Quebec to see if we could find three English books for Hayley Rose. She tried to order some form Sears and Chapters but they are unable to send English books into Quebec . The government and the language police will not allow English books to enter Quebec.
But we can send them. I called Margo who works for Purolator to see what it will cost to send the books. Not too much I am glad to say. I was very happy to find the books Hayley Rose wanted. Can you see the teacher in me coming out to play LOL. Ray found a book he wanted for her, It will be a keepsake  for sure and it will be nice to share with all the other little girls, when they get older.

We then went to Lenscrafters as Ray wanted to get new nosepads on his glasses. We had to wait quite a while.  Food thing we are retired LOL.
Hang in there little guy. I just love this picture. More to come.
Ain't love grand> Who says cats and dogs don't get along. This is so cute.
This one really made me laugh. Don't you love it. We all know dogs will eat anything, they are truly living garbage cans haha. I love them even so!
Eat your heart out little mouse.
The final photo ,last but not least my dear friend Gail back at her sewing machine after an illness that put her in the hospital. I am happy to see her sewing again doing what she loves to do. She is working on David's quilt. David is her dear husband.

Jim just called to say he would be coming down from Edmonton on Thursday . Rick and Peter from Calgary on Friday to my best knowledge, Adam and Lisa will arrive from Louisiana on Thursday and Mary. Albert and Rose from Victoria on Thursday I think. I need to pay more attention LOL

Time to go folks. Have a great evening.














No comments: