a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday morning

http://www.quiltingworks.com/cabin-fever/projects/chicken-pin-cushion.htm
Pattern for the delightful log cabin pincushions. I have five of them myself and love to use them. Of course I did not make them , all were gifts from friends.
http://www.sewingsupport.com/sewing-how-to/free-patterns-and-projects/bags/wheelchair-walker-bags.html
Great choice of bags for wheelchairs or walkers. Locate the free PDF and you are on the way to a great walker bag or wheelchair bag. All the same thing so one pattern for both.



http://blessedfemina.blogspot.ca/2009/10/fabric-woven.html
Adorable woven pot holder with good instructions on how to weave strips of fabric properly.

That's all the possibles for today. I am having a good morning on my laptop while  Ray watches the hockey games. Usually we go out and I don't have the time in the morning. Now I need to go and put the borders on my quilt top.

Now it's evening and I just got back to you.
We went to London Drugs and bought a new set of phones, three to be exact. Now we need to get them programmed. Everybody that helps us is living out of town now . Boy do I feel lonely without them.

I talked to the lady in the camera department because I want a more powerful camera but so far it is just talk. We bought some things in the pharmacy that were on sale. I bought a paperback novel and we went to MacDonald's for a bite to eat .

After we went to the supermarket to buy a pork roast and a few other things. Who ever gets out of a store with one thing I wonder.We bought some head cheese. Ray loves that and we haven't had any for a long time. I got some roast turkey meat for sandwiches.
This video tells you haow to make head cheese if anybody want to :))

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC8qnOXchp


The eastern Bluejay is so beautiful with their gorgeous blue feathers. My friend Jean in Delaware sent this picture. I like to use her pictures so here is another one.
Deerfield Country Club where Jean had lunch with her friends.  Thanks Jean for the photos.
Here is my quilt top, Rick it is for Charlotte. I think she will like it as it is for a little girs, very pretty. I still need to get the backing sewn together .I wish the ballerinas would show up better. My next quilt will be pieced because my embroidery machine is still unavailable and from what I hear won't be fixed for some time to come. Tom is talking to Janome for the piece and from my experience Janome is not good at getting back to you in good time.

The hockey game is on Canucks vs LA, the Canucks lost the first two games, Oh sadness, so they must win tonight. The coach said "We have to win!!: Nothing else matters. So true.

The conductor, the maestro and the orchestra. Adorable aren't they. Whoops the conductor is playing the piano not conducting LOL.

It's time for me to go . Have a great evening folks.
Buona notte.










1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Nan, I love,love love Souse (head cheese). My husbsnd, Sam took me to Brunch at the Country Club. He sometimes plays golf there. The Ballerina quilt top is beautiful. Love, Jean