a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy day

What a grand day I had today. Pat picked me up at 9:00 and we went to Oakridge for coffee and a good gab.
Then we went to the church where we have our sewing group. No one knew  I was coming and they greeted me with hugs and smiles and welcome backs. It was just wonderful! I did a bit of applique but my eyes are so sore I can't seem to do a lot of anything. Even the laptop gives me a bad time. However it was a great day for talking to all my friends and hearing what they have been doing over  the past 15 months. Some had precious grandchildren and great grandchildren as did I.  One friend is expecting her first grandchild and she has bought property  in Maine with 2 house on it. She will be going back to the east to be there to help her daughter. She had a funny story about her neighbour who while my friend was back here filled one of her houses with all her furniture. She is a hoarder so she had a ton of furniture. Can you imagine the nerve.  My friend made her take it all out. Of course. She has plans to house her friends whne they come to visit in that hsmaller house. How neat to have a house for your friends.
After we ate lunch we went on to Community Quilts , This time Joan gave me a ride,and I got the same reception there as they too didn't know I was coming. It was wonderful. I am such a fortunate woman in my choice of friends. Juliet gave me the ride to Betty's  and then home. Betty had her lovely goodies on the table and tea in her beautiful china cups. There were five of us at tea. Betty set out a quilt magazine at each place. It was a wonderful day. When I cam home Ray made dinner, pork chops, with mushroom soup gravy , tiny potatoes and cauliflower. My favourite dinner and of course bread and gravey for afters LOL.
And I forgot to take pictures, I guess I was having too good a time LOL
What a meanie LOL.

Love is everywhere , man's best friend and a dog's best friend too.

From the other end of the country, Quebec, two beautiful little girls, Catherine and Emilie, our great granddaughters who speak only French so we are not able to converse at all. Not that conversation is what little girls do LOL.
Catherine is the big girl on the right and Emilie is the little one.

 
I'm going now, eyes hurt. Have a good evening.


No comments: