a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, April 29, 2012

red brolly

 http://www.red-brolly.com/
Look for "My Little Teahouse".
Wow this is a full site, so many things to see and so many other blogs to visit. It will take a bit of time but try it anyway, you can always go back if your time is short.

http://www.quiltiger.com/index.htm
Paper piecing again or as they call it now ,foundation piecing. I went for the duck and was cornswaglled by the number of pieces. Hey but that's me, now some of you may be better at this than I am and if you do the block please send it into my blog so I can see how talented you are. That goes for anything I put up on the blog.

Busy day once again. I had to go to London drugs for my laptop and the young man there gave me simple instructions for activating the new Kaspersky that I bought. Simply put ,put in the activation code and then my email address.
Well!!!! there were pages of stuff that went on and on until I could not longer do anything. Even the activation code was for a commercial computer or something and would not take the numbers he gave me. So I just shut it all down and now I am writing the blog . It works but I have no virus protection now. It all goes back to him tomorrow. Ray is not happy. He says phone him and tell him it doesn't work. Because he does not use a computer he thinks that's all you have to do. I told him I did not have the information to give the guy and there is no way to tell him it doesn't work and get hime to fix it. I need to give him real information and I don't know what happened . So back to the store.
He would just tell me to bring it in anyway.

Ray is having so much pain from his spinal stenosis that he is impatient. I can understand that if you are in a lot of pain. We go to the doctor on Wednesday , maybe she can help him with the pain.

Margaret came over to tell us about her trip to Palm Springs with her friend Mona. They had a good time there. I know a lot of people who go there regularly , friends and my son Peter and his wife Judith.  So it must be a nice place to go. Margaret said they took a tour , went to a big mall and an outdoor market. She gave me a gift of a spoon holder. I used to collect them and have quite a few. This one is very pretty.
Then we went to Michael's where I picked up three balls of cotton for knitting dish cloths.
The single is to finish off one cloth that I started and couldn't complete and the other two are to make three more cloths.
Ain't love grand, and don't these guys make you smile:))) They sure make me smile.
And so does this LOL . I know there are many men who quilt and many boys who love to sew. I had a wonderful uncle who spent the dreadful winter in Manitoba knitting socks and mitts. I remember on special pair of yellow mitts that he knit for me as a Christmas gift when I was eleven and gave. I'll never forget those mittens nor do I know why it is such a clear memory.
But here is a photo of my Uncle Gavin in his kilt as he prepares to go to war with my dad, WW1.
Or not I can't find it here , maybe on the other computer. I'll look later.
I made this quilt for a guild challenge but I didn't win. No matter though I love it. I took two patterns and incorporated one into the other. The middle star is actually a double star and then I put that into a maple leaf. Since the colours were purple and blue I could not make the Maple Leaf red. One day my plan is to make a red one for the hall wall Haha!!
Time for me to drop out!!!
Have a lovely evening and I will check to see that this is posted.
Habari ya jioni












No comments: