a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bits

Broken Sugar Bowl
http://starwoodquilter.blogspot.com/2011/10/broken-sugar-bowl-quilt-block.html
Another of Susie's blocks from her grandmother's diaries.
http://starwoodquilter.blogspot.com/2011/08/farmers-daughter-quilt-introduction.html
You might find this introduction enlightening.

UP in the air, dogs don't care they like it there!!

We shopped this morning for groceeries. After shopping we ususally go and have coffee at Tim's but Ididn't fel like standing in the line up this morning,

I called London Drugs to ask about my laptop , not ready yet but they did locate the address book and found a couple of viruses. He says if they can just scan them all will be well but if not they will have to reboot everything and that means losing all my stuff. So I am going down there tomorrow to put my embroidey designs on a memory stick because I would hate to lose it all. He said he will wait until I get there.

Weather report: Rain today and big spots too in some parts.  Other parts of the province are experiencing floods . If the Fraser River goes that was too we could have some overflow just down the road, The are bulding new townhouses on the flood plain just below us. Ray and I are thinking that if the river swells those buildings will be in dreadful shape. I wonder why the city allows that tyoe of building right on the banks of the river. Even if it just swells a bit it could be a hazard. I think of this every spring because I remember the big flood here in 1947 and it worries me.
Now this is the house to buy if you live near the river LOL, I think I saw a house like this on the flod plain in Louisiana , one that survived Hurricane Rita. Adam was ther in Louisiana when that hurricane passed through Lake Charles, that and several others. Nice place to live but it can be hazardous to your health as can other parts of anywhere. Here on the west coast it;s earthquakes. Apparently we had a small 4.5 quake the other night but it was out further into the ocean and at night so no one felt it. Thankfully!!
Remember the hat I was knitting with such angst. I gave up on it and took it all out and wound the wool into a ball. There is so much yarn on that huge ball that after three days I am still winding it up. What a pain :>)  Maybe I should cut it and wind up the next portion as the ball is getting a bit too big to handle. I won't buy something that large again.
Now this is responsibility!! What a good dog taking care of the others.
This computer is not full of the pictures that I had on the laptop so I have to go hunting again to find what I want for this blog,
1964- Me in my better days when I was younger. Well maybe not better but surely thinner LOL.
After I married Ray and he supplied me with good food and good cooking I put on a lot of weight. Also my thyroid became disfunctional at the time and the doctor I was foinf to told me there was no issue with my thyroid and I just ate too much. I saw another doctor who tested amd and found that the thyroid was not working. One was a man and the other was a woman. Guess which was which!
Anyway folks time to go.
Bon soir.










1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

I had a dress like that in 64! But mine was apricot. What a coincidence, Lulu.

Love your sugar bowl block.