a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, April 22, 2012

neat blog

http://arbetsboden.bloggplatsen.se/
This is a fascinating blog with many original quilts that will give you many ideas for making them. The only thing is I could not locate the translation from Swedish. And I don't think there were patterns for the quilts but still there were great ideas on this blog. I know you all could figure out something from the pictures. Happy quilting!!!

Diana I don't know what the guys did with those gators. But the skin is valuable and the meat is edible so there you have it. I am afraid of them too but fascinated by these prehistoric beasts. Maybe Adam will let me know. He is travelling up to Washington DC where Lisa is giving  a lecture . I am going to guess here that the subject matter is on teaching on line. She has been doing that for some time so is an expert on the subject.

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2010/04/wonky-cross-block-sew-along/
So now you don't have to worry about straight lines, this wonky pattern leaves some leeway or does it. Maybe it is even more difficult that the ordinary way of doing things. Haha.

http://www.claudiasquiltshoppe.com/freebom.htm
A block of the month . The months start in January and are still up. They are ordinary blocks so not too hard. I know so many of us have very little time so easy is good!

We just got back from dinner out at TOPS. We are getting our place painted tomorrow and the apartment is just a mess with everything out of the china cabinet , pictures off the wall and we have so many of them, all the books and magazines , the furniture moved away from the walls ,plants moved to the bedroom which by the way are not getting painted .
We'll have to go out tomorrow for dinner too. I  want to go to an Italian restaurant this time.
I don't know where this is but it came off my camera LOL Wouldn't you like to sit on this bench and watch the water flowing by. It would be so relaxing.
And the little things are what makes one happy like a few hours of sewing or embroidering. Or having tea  with an old friend, or going out with your husband for dinner as in a date :)) or a visit from your grandchildren and great grandchildren, a gift of a quilt from your friends  , a party given by friends.  So many little things make up the joys in life and become big things. I am a bit of a philosopher Haha!!
There was a crooked house , isn't it wonderful? I love the window box hanging outside the window and the crooked little dormer. What catches your eye?
Now here's a crooked quilt. Does this make your eyes spin LOL. I don't really like this one but it is an interesting design.

This sewing lady is a post card. For some time I was in a group that exchanged quilted post cards ,    but after a while I had so many post cards that storing them became a problem so I stopped making them. It was fun for a while getting these adorable cards in the mail.
I was very tired today so this afternoon I had a nap and read my book for a couple of hours. It was lovely!
Time to go, have a lovely evening.
Buona notte.














No comments: