a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

post block

 I made this block a long time ago when we had a Dear Jane club. I think it is a Dear Jane block. I made the easiest ones like many other quilters and then left them to go on to other things.  I might put mine together to make a table runner. Yeah right!! But I might show them here LOL

Bob of Bob and Buzz fame called today to say the he had a net for Ray's car and Jim gave him the one from the red Taurus.
But that is not the news. Bob said they had a car accident and their car was totaled. A woman in a van ran into them. They both had to go to the hospital  in the ambulance. Bob said they both suffered soft tissue injuries. Sorry guys! Get better soon!

We too Jim over to Budget where the red Taurus was stored and picked it up. He took it home to our place and then took Ray and I our for lunch to Mr. Ho's -Chinese food.


Michael Phelps made history today with his 19th medal. I was happy about that as I was rooting for him. Last Olympics in China whne he won 8 gold medals was an amazing feat and I was stunned at his  ability to succeed. Of course I do not like to get my face wet so any swimmer had my admiration. LOL


A great Christmas Redwork quilt. I loved it. But  I have a Christmas quilt that I designed and made all the blocks of snowmen on my now defunct embroidery machine, Sigh!

Do you realize all the beautiful cherries are now in the stores. We went to the market today and bought cherries , grapes and corn.
We did eat a lot of cherries . Let me remind you not to eat too many as they cleans your system and you may not get out the next day.
On the other hand they taste way too good!! haha!

I love the action and spirit in this picture of a little mouse.
Fly away , fly away home LOL.


Another friendship picture, aren't they good together.  I like these photos of animals together who shouldn't be friends but are. Doesn't this one warm your heart. It does mine.


Our Kate on safari in Africa. She is the last in line with the red headdress. Kate is quite an adventuress. First Mexica, then India, next  the far north in Fort MacMurray, then Africa.  What a woman!

So have a lovely evening folks, the weather is beautiful for sitting on the porch and drinking tea. Too bad I don't have a porch LOL.

Buona Sera.














No comments: