a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, July 6, 2013

A warm Saturday afternoon with a soft breeze

http://blog.patsloan.com/

Pat Sloan  shows us how to hand piece. I had a friend how only did hand work. She hand pieced all her blocks and sewed her blocks together by hand and of course hand quilted all her quilts. A labour of love, for sure. Her work was gorgeous. She created her own designs as well. Some people are so talented. Unfortunately she is no longer with us. 

And I want to tell  you that Libby Lehman has suffered a bit of a setback . She is waiting for her own neurosurgeon to come from Galveston Texas. Things are tough for her and her family.

We had a full day . First we did our shopping and then we went out for the afternoon as the weather is gorgeous. It is lovely down by the water where the river runs by. I need to stay out of the sun so we can't stay for long. I have the kind of skin that  burns very easily so I don't spend too long in the sun.  We can sit on the benches under the trees and that saves my skin from burning. I remember when we were young slathering our bodies with baby oil and lying out in the sun at the beach. Can you imagine sun sand and oil. Huge  sunburn for me. My Adam also has very fair skin. One day we were out at the Spit in Colwood on Vancouver Island. He was quite young, not in school yet and he burned so badly that blisters came up like 50 cent pieces right across his upper back across his shoulders.  I can still see them.Oh did I feel terrible guilty but we did not realize he would burn so badly.  He was the only one that ever got such a 
burn , the other boys did not have this very fair skin.

Richard is recovering from his angioplasties at Mary's place. She is good to help him out at this time and Rick is fortunate she lives in the Victoria area so he can stay with her. He has to keep his arm still for another day before he can go back to normal usage. At least he is able to visit with Rose. He says she likes his wheelchair. Charlotte does too.
Speaking of Charlotte , she fulfilled her duties as a flower girl at her cousin's wedding.
Her partner the ring bearer  is helping Charlotte down the aisle.  She is lovely on her new dress.

Some quilty stuff.

I love this Card Trick block. The colours are wonderful.You can find it on Quilters Cache if you want the pattern. It is one of the first quilts I made in reds and black. My internet friends sent me different reds so that not one red was repeated.  I don't have the picture on this laptop so can't put it up.

I just love this cat quilt, no pattern but it is just for show. I hope you find it as delightful as I do.


I found this baby in a sac picture on Facebook. It is just adorable.

Momma moose and the twins at the side of the road. They're so cute.
No more pictures , they are not available to me for some reason. 
So I am closing now .
Have a lovely evening.






Good night.








No comments: