a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, July 13, 2013

video

I talked to the HAZ MAT man this afternoon. The men were working on the demolition of the building. The scaffold is up and there is one that acts as a roadway from the sidewalk to the building. He said that it may be 14 months before anyone can move back in. That is so horrible. I feel so bad for those people some of whom I know. The entryway and the elevator are covered in cardboard and  totally spattered with black spots from the ash and cinders of the building they are going into.


Elevator....See our toes...
Fenced in all around the property where the fire took place.
Scaffolding

Scaffold again.
Hosta at the front walkwa,.
for a nice change of pace.
So there is the story in pictures.



Video-Quilt As You Go. I hope this works.
It is interesting to see. I have never done this technique but do admire it.

Bike basket for bike riders. You can carry your lunch ans books in it. But I don't think boys would care for this basket unless it is in black denim.
The Valencia Street Bike Basket
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2013/07/the-valencia-street-bike-basket.html


Ray and Rick sat all afternoon while I went for my walk . Rick has very little option since he is unable to use his legs. He actually has to take hold of them and pick them up if he wants a change of situation.
Now they are watching the football game between Winnipeg and Hamilton. Ray says Winnipeg hasn't got there yet LOL. He is pretty sharp most times. Winnipeg must have heard Ray as they just went for a TD. Then 2 of the guys did their jump and bump.
The score is Hamilton 9 to Winnipeg's 6. Darn I want Winnipeg to win. It is in Manitoba and I was born in that province.

When we went to the store this morning for our regular grocery shopping I bought 2 books that were $3.99. Good deal! We bought a small package of bologna. I made Ray and Rick a sandwich for lunch .Rick really liked it and asked for another one. The Tassimo is still working so we had coffee as well.

Another football game. B.C. Lions and Edmonton Eskimos and it is pouring like there was no tomorrow . But the game must go on.

The laughing dog. Something is making him smile.

I like this geometric style of block and the sashing around each block. Also the piano keyboard border goes very nicely with this style of quilt.

Charlotte helping mom clean up this antique luggage. 
this is such an endearing photo of two little children who just hugged.So sweet.

A very nice quilt made by my friend Helen. it looks like a double four patch.

I am making so many mistakes so now it's time to go. 
Have a good evening folks.
Good night.




























No comments: