a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, July 27, 2013

hamburgers

 Pillowcases again, this time I think we have a pattern that allows you to make more than one pillowcase at a time.  Now that would be a big advantage if you do pillowcases for any kind of agency.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/details.html?idx=184


And here is a simple little trivet for Christmas and you can decorate your tree as you wish. A bit early for Christmas but every handicraft site on the internet is offering Christmas projects so we can be ready.

http://stitchingandbacon.blogspot.com/2013/07/tree-trivet-tutorial-christmas-in-july.html?spref=bl
trivets trees

These are my offerings for today.

And" Anonymous  "I do not have a wall plug in for my reader. I must go to the dreaded London Drugs to see if there is on on offer LOL.

We went to White Spot for lunch as I was still drooling over the prospect of a Legendary White Spot Hamburger. It wasn't busy when we got there after lunch so we were seated right away. I ordered my hamburger and ceasar salad as the side instead of fries.  Ray ordered a chicken salad.
I have been eating White Spot hamburgers since I was a teenager  in the 1940 and 1950s. I have never been disappointed but today I was. The  Triple O sauce was almost non existent and the red sauce was about two drops. the patty was dried out and crisp around the edges. I was not happy and told the waitress what my or should I say their problem was. shortly thereafter the manage appeared at our table.I explained what my complaint was, told him I had been eating their hamburgers for over 50 years without a complaint but now there was a problem. He listened to me and apologized for the hamburger. Then he took it off the bill and gave me a ticket for $16.00 for another day. He dealt with my complaint in a timely manner.

It it the  Celebration of Light tonight down at the beach. I am not sure which country is the first to put on their show. We can't see the fireworks form here but we sure can hear them. The beach is packed , people have been setting up their pup tents all day to be sure they have a spot for the display. 


Nice eh, wouldn't you love to have these gorgeous fabrics. At times I decry having a stash because I want to buy the latest fabrics as they arrive every season. But then I am hardly sewing any more so I don't buy anything more. I do hope to get down to business soon.
I bought these delightful embroideries twice. Each time my computer went for a dump and took my embroideries with it. So now I am looking at a third time because I want to make something with those designs. This time I'll download them to my stick right away.



Remember the days when a photographer came around the neighbourhood with a camera and a pony enticing the little children to beg their moms for a chance to sit on the pony and incidentally get their photo taken.
Here is one successful little boy who persuaded his mom to get his picture taken.
Recognize him?
It's Richard. I have one of Peter too but I need to dig around and find it.


It is almost time to put this hanging up. Summertime is the time for lazy afternoons, tea and cake and although there is not cake on this quilt there is lots of teapots and cups to enjoy. I really enjoyed making this one with the floral teapots and cups. It is pretty.

It is time to close for tonight. Have a great evening.
Don't spend too much time in the sun. It can be dangerous.
















No comments: