a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ray

Ray has been so sick today. The pills the doctor gave him

 for 


the pain in his back have made him terribly sick. Apparently 

they have codeine in them despite the warning we gave the 

doctor that he is highly allergic to codeine. Just a small 

amount of codeine the druggist told me but that is enough to

 make him  so sick. He is starting to recover now but still is 

not normal.




So do we! Grab this free star value quilt block pattern by an independent designer on #Craftsy and get started on your next project! Click: http://j.mp/12lHuRg
Hooked on stars seems to be the way for me lately.


Very scrappy block but a controlled scrappy.

http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2013/07/73-independence-day-quilt-of-valor-show.html

Some nice quilts of Valor on the blogspot above. Have a look. I note some string blocks and wonder what the dimensions of the strings are. I'll look it up somewhere.  


There are some great pictures here. I enjoyed them.


To carry on with the day, I was able to sew today as we stayed in. So I worked on those blocks for the guild. I pinned, sewed and pressed this afternoon and got a lot of the blocks taken care of. There is still a bit of sewing to be done but I hope to get it done before next week when I go to my groups.
Right now it is almost time for supper. Ray won't eat anything, he never does when he feels bad so it will just be one for dinner. I am still trying to figure out what to have. Eggs sound good , well one egg and some beans sounds like a good meal. Toast as well! 

It was my third son Peter's birthday today . I talked to him this morning. He is in Calgary so we were not able to go to lunch like we usually do when he is here. I am hoping he will be in White Rick soon then we can go out with Peter and Judith. 
Soon it will be Rick's birthday on the 21st. He will be in town next week on the 15th so maybe I can catch him for lunch or dinner to celebrate his birthday.  It will be a celebration of his life for me and  I cherish the years we have had together. Still more to come and more to treasure.

Bell Island Newfoundland. This is a stunning land mark. It shows stacked stones, a marvel of nature.
It has been another gorgeous day here in Vancouver . Even though we did not go out I can see the sunshine through the windows. 

Something has attracted Rose's attention. Isn't she getting big not that there is any other way for a kid to get LOL.

I laughed at this one LOL.

Heart doctor. We'll keep this big guy healthy. Dogs are so amazing, they will tolerate anything from their home kids.
Oh my this kitten sure made me laugh at his catnastics  LOL.
Jim  and friend  on Jim's acreage
in Alberta. There are lots of acres so they can hunt if they feel so inclined.  Jim has this clearing all set up with campers for sleeping facilities, he has electricity and water. He may like the wilderness but Jim does not go without his conveniences LOL. Jim is sitting down, have no idea what is entertaining him though.

It is time to publish my blog.
Have a wonderful evening folks.
Good evening!













2 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

I, too, am highly allergic to any morphine derivative pain med. I so sympathize with Ray. I was advised to wear a bracelet as it is a life threatening allergy. For me my blood pressure drops precipitously. Feel better soon, Ray! Cute photos.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Help your DH feels better soon!