a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, July 20, 2013

nursery bag and knitting


http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-tutorial---pyramid-pouch-by-nanny.htm


Useful little bag in these instructions they call it a nursery bag. I made one from plastic material like an oilcloth. When I spent so much time in the hospital it was most useful for toothbrush and paste , soap etc, the things you need to keep clean. The bag was made at a class earlier than I needed it. I at first thought well this is useless but I found it to be extremely useful in this context.


Free patterns available right here!

We went to the post office to make a change of address from our apartment to Marg's apartment. I thought since it had been decades since I had made achange of address that the cost would still be $5.00 . Well give my head a shake. It cost us $80 plus tax which brought it up to 83 something. Ray and I nearly fainted. Absolutely stunned!!!
 What a great start to the day. We then had to go to Tim's for a doughnut LOL. And a coffee! The sugar calmed us down . We had a glazed doughnut that took us back to a better time say 1950s and made us relax. 
Well lookee here
Back to the fifties just like that. Coke and a doughnut 10 cents.
That was mostly it. 
We came home to sit in front of the air conditioner. We are really comfortable here with the AC and bedroom fans. In Vancouver it usually cools down at night.  It is tempered by the North Pacific Current  and sheltered by the mountains.

We live a good life here. 


The little knitters, 

how cute is this one. And the dog in the front with his bow tie 

just adds to the feeling of this picture.

It is knitting day on the blog today haha.

Yarn on a plate , how's that for dinner.It looks like a nice scarf for winter. I love the colours and for sure Ray would since he really likes purples.





Rose taking carrots from the garden. A new skill LOL.

 I am a great fan of the Dresden Plate quilt pattern especially the one with the pointed ends such as this one. When I made mine which I sent to my dear Sister in law when she was dying of cancer I made the pointed ends. Actually it is the easiest form of Dresden Plate.
 www.sewmamasew.com/2010/04/dresden-plate-block-sew-along/

This will give you far better instructions than I can and

 it has pictures.


My eyes are very sore and blurry tonight so I will close for

tonight.

Have a very nice evening.

Good night.





No comments: